Folding mirror problem Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Twinscash

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right place. First posting since joining. :)
Thanks to whomever posted about fixing cruise control - just replaced the part by the brake pedal. Am going to see if it works. Next problem (07 LTZ Tahoe) is that my passenger side mirror won't fold anymore. The mirror will adjust with switch & motor makes sound when I press folding button. Driver's side works fine. I found a video on YouTube but it didn't match up to my Chevy. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I hope I'm posting in the right place. First posting since joining. :)
Thanks to whomever posted about fixing cruise control - just replaced the part by the brake pedal. Am going to see if it works. Next problem (07 LTZ Tahoe) is that my passenger side mirror won't fold anymore. The mirror will adjust with switch & motor makes sound when I press folding button. Driver's side works fine. I found a video on YouTube but it didn't match up to my Chevy. Anyone have advice? Thanks!

Its the plastic gears in there. There's a thread with a company that makes brass ones. Search for something like mirror SOLVED.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'm lucky. My driver side mirror is the one that failed so I can handle it manually. Still I may pursue repairing it at some point.

jatkinson8755

Reaction score
mine would flop about since the gear was broken.

i could also move it around by hand (pain in the ass) but once it was out it would wobble so bad i couldnt see out of it. i think the spring holds it all tight, and when the stupid plastic gear breaks it wont compress the main spring and thus allows the whole unit to wobble and shake.

PatDTN

Full Access Member
Reaction score
mine would flop about since the gear was broken.

i could also move it around by hand (pain in the ass) but once it was out it would wobble so bad i couldnt see out of it. i think the spring holds it all tight, and when the stupid plastic gear breaks it wont compress the main spring and thus allows the whole unit to wobble and shake.
I'm lucky there too I guess. Mine is still stable.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dprdmd