Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh wait. I just re-read your post. You wired to a center console switch not the factory light switch. Never mind.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You're a life saver!! This is exaclty what I am trying to do. My B/R's are activated by my Whelen Cencom Sapphire. But I want to wire up the driving Whites to the factory fog light switch on the dash. Please tell me how you wired it.

From everything I have read they can't be hooked to the factory switch so we wired it direct into my switch panel in the center console. That way I have complete control on when they are on. High beams, low beams, headlights off it does not matter they are run direct so they can be turned on any time. My b/r are hooked to the siren control which has a disconnect on the harness so I can unplug it and remove it when not at shows.

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

PS: If you need actual wire routing and hookups I can not answer that question as mine were done by my buddy who is a vehicle upfitter and he ran all the wires and hooked them up. I just helped do it.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out which pins on the back of the OEM switch are for the fog light button. I was going to use those wires, (assuming a +/-) to turn on/off the whites.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
I've been trying to figure out which pins on the back of the OEM switch are for the fog light button. I was going to use those wires, (assuming a +/-) to turn on/off the whites.

The fog light switch, like most other switches in these trucks, provides a Ground signal to the BCM to tell them to turn On or OFF.

You can tap into them and use a DEI-611T latching relay to control whatever you want, including the foglights, without reflashing the BCM.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What I was thinking of doing was after figuring out which pins, pull those wires from the harness before going to the bcm and connecting there.

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
What I was thinking of doing was after figuring out which pins, pull those wires from the harness before going to the bcm and connecting there.

You just have to be careful as the switch is not designed to carry any current to speak of so make sure you are only using it to control a relay. And like I said it controls a ground signal from the factory.

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
And from what I've been reading on here there seems to be no wiring or relay in the PPVs' out of the Power distribution Battery Bus for the fog lights. Does anyone know where the battery bus is for the fog light option?

DenaliBQ

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you dont have fog light why cant you use the fog light switch with a relay just use a multi meter to figure out which pins activate it or would the gm up-fitters website have the pin diagram if you have time to look through it all

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14