Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Ron C did you ever figure this out? I want to use the OEM fog light switch as an ON/OFF switch for another application and I'm trying to figure out which of the pins in the back of the switch I would need.

Actually no, I never got to the fog lights upgrade. I might do that at some point. According to someone I know that works on SSVs, it might be the circuit is just there, unused and just needs the new switch and lights hooked up.

I might do that some time, just not a real high priority

You can always try and see what the switch does, and check for continuity betwen two poles when the switch is closed vs open. You can run a relay with it, I don't see why you couldn't use it for anything else.

Ron

Unclescholt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Interested in this as well. I put the GM fog light kit on my SSV and it does not work. Replaced the switch shown above with the one from the kit, fog light wire is in the correct fuse block but still nothing.

Ron C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interested in this as well. I put the GM fog light kit on my SSV and it does not work. Replaced the switch shown above with the one from the kit, fog light wire is in the correct fuse block but still nothing.

Is the "rest" still working? , I mean lights, dom lights, 4wd/2wd knobs?

Ron

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Apparently the PPV/SSV models are not wired up for it. There's a thread somewhere on here about it.

Ebay Mike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after reading all the issues everyone is having trying to install the factory fog lights I decided to return to the SSV roots and over the weekend I installed a pair of Whelen driving lights and hard wired them to my light switch panel in the console. Easy Breezy! I also had the override lights wired separately so at police vehicle shows I will have alternating red & blues but that control is removed and installed only for car shows so the rest of the time I have ONLY regular white driving lights!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well after reading all the issues everyone is having trying to install the factory fog lights I decided to return to the SSV roots and over the weekend I installed a pair of Whelen driving lights and hard wired them to my light switch panel in the console. Easy Breezy! I also had the override lights wired separately so at police vehicle shows I will have alternating red & blues but that control is removed and installed only for car shows so the rest of the time I have ONLY regular white driving lights!

Mike--Hamilton Chevy

You're a life saver!! This is exaclty what I am trying to do. My B/R's are activated by my Whelen Cencom Sapphire. But I want to wire up the driving Whites to the factory fog light switch on the dash. Please tell me how you wired it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu