Fog lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Have any of you put the oem fog light kit on?

I tried without success, pretty sure I got it in the right connector.

Not sure if it has to do with police harness or what, weird part is it looks like it has a fog light relay.

Any help is appreciatedIMG_3315.JPG

Spanky

Reaction score
Same here, I put the kit in as per the gm instructions, and it doesn't work.

kses123

kses123
Reaction score
Doesn't the BCM need to be flashed to let it know it now has fog lights so it can activate the relay?

TpaGreenHornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Think i read somewhere that the fog light circuit is used for turning off the driving lights in a ppv.

OP
OP
J

Jmar73

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a hard time understanding that. There was not a wire already in that spot, so how could it be already used for something else?

Even if it is used to not turn on the driving lights, which doesn't make sense, why would you add something to something to not make it work when you could just disable the first something.

I would rather have driving lights, if needed you can turn them off by turning the knob to the left correct? And be able to use the factory fog light control.

TpaGreenHornet

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
its the wire in the main harness that is used. so no it wouldn't go to the fog light position. You bought a ex cop car. They don't really want to be sitting in the medians running radar with their driving lights on now do they? Or any other reason why they want to drive around blacked out.

This is just something I'm pretty sure I saw when I was looking to add fog lights to mine when I first got it a couple of years ago

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN