Fog light wiring 96 tahoe 2dr

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TaxiRob,
As stated earlier I have as NOS parts the Underhood harness, two fog light buckets( for the bumper) and the fog light capsules themselves. I also have a re-bulbed fog light switch and a one hole mounting plate( for barn door vehicles).
I do not have the under dash harness.
If you're interested in this stuff , I'll work up a price but it will be $$$ as they are new, never installed NOS parts not used.
Thanks
Tbruz

Taxi Rob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TaxiRob,
As stated earlier I have as NOS parts the Underhood harness, two fog light buckets( for the bumper) and the fog light capsules themselves. I also have a re-bulbed fog light switch and a one hole mounting plate( for barn door vehicles).
I do not have the under dash harness.
If you're interested in this stuff , I'll work up a price but it will be $$$ as they are new, never installed NOS parts not used.
Thanks
Tbruz
I saw your original FS thread posted some years back, and I think those prices were in line with OEM stuff from the dealer. I can always pass along whatever pieces I don't use, but as a complete kit I think it's very reasonable.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ill sell you the NOS stuff I have for $550 shipped.
Again, I'm missing the under dash harness but I you can wire the lights and switch directly using the wiring diagrams in this thread. I believe the under dash harness was to connect the foglights to the headlights as the fogs could only come if the headlights were on and would switch off when you went to highbeams.
Thanks
Tbruz

Taxi Rob

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ill sell you the NOS stuff I have for $550 shipped.
Again, I'm missing the under dash harness but I you can wire the lights and switch directly using the wiring diagrams in this thread. I believe the under dash harness was to connect the foglights to the headlights as the fogs could only come if the headlights were on and would switch off when you went to highbeams.
Thanks
Tbruz
My user name is my business name. My business is on a popular business review site with a four letter name. I'm in San Diego. You can get my contact info there.

Tbruz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called a San Diego CA number that ended in 5 today and left a message-hope it was you!
Tbruz

GTRhino24

Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the help and diagrams.
I was on eBay a few days ago and picked up an original set with mounting buckets from a z71 2000 tahoe. They just arrived today and in great shape. I have that part of the harness too, looks like it’s 1 black wire and one purple wire to each light.

I also got my front z71 bumper with the fog light holes from LMCtruck, and dropped it off at the powder coat place on Monday so that should be done tomorrow too.

ive been doing a lot with this truck in the last 6 months. I replaced both front and rear carpet, new seat foams for the front and new leather lower and upper covers for the front too. Just got new 31” tires put on, new black grill, black rear bumper, and black z71 front bumper, as well as new head lights.

I wanted to do a tribute 2000 z71 2 door.
Only thing I can’t seem to find is the original rear tail light slat covers from the 2000 z71
Check my post. Found the lamp covers in a salvage yard in CT of all places. Also doing to 2-door Z71 concept.

GTRhino24

Reaction score
Bought the foglamp brackets, lenses, harness and switch on eBay a while back. Started running the wiring and you could see where it was originally run based on where the grommets were placed. Got through the firewall and was getting ready to start cutting wires for a relay. There was a green and brown plug on the harness and two open plugs on the distribution block ended the dash labeled “green” and “brown”. I thought it was too good to be true. Plugged right in, mounted the switch in the stock location. Boom. Switch lights up, foglamps worked, foglamps go off for high beams. Everything. The only thing I noticed is that when the fogs are on, the high beam indicator in the cluster glows ever so slightly.

Attachments

• IMG_2871.jpeg
    IMG_2871.jpeg
    286.8 KB · Views: 6

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26