Fog Light removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mndooracer1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Morimoto XB led fog lights for my 18 suburban. I had a set on my last truck and they were great. Has anybody removed the factory housings? My last truck (2500 Denali) the shroud surrounding the light popped off and the lights just came straight out the front. I can’t seem to find any write ups on this. If not, I’ll take some pictures and document the process. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

thepiombino

Reaction score
I just picked up a set of Morimoto XB led fog lights for my 18 suburban. I had a set on my last truck and they were great. Has anybody removed the factory housings? My last truck (2500 Denali) the shroud surrounding the light popped off and the lights just came straight out the front. I can’t seem to find any write ups on this. If not, I’ll take some pictures and document the process. Thanks in advance!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ever figure this out? About to don't same. Thinking it requires going in through the wheel well...

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

John Root

Reaction score
I'm pretty tall and as I got in my Tahoe the other day, my knee bumped the button for all lights on truck. The Headlight, fog light and dimmer panel itself, is "pushed in". I tried to pull the the congregation back in towards me but, I have been failed.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty tall and as I got in my Tahoe the other day, my knee bumped the button for all lights on truck. The Headlight, fog light and dimmer panel itself, is "pushed in". I tried to pull the the congregation back in towards me but, I have been failed.

You might get more response to your problem if you start your own thread.

thepiombino

Reaction score
care to share how it was done for future reference?
Was pretty straight forward:

* Turn wheel away from side you're working on
* Remove five (I think lol) 7mm screws from inside wheel well liner
* Remove two 10mm bolts and one plastic clip from underneath wheel well liner
* Fog light assembly can be accessed by pulling liner back -- held in place by four 7mm screws; also, the factory harness is held in place on the assembly by a couple of plastic clips.
* Have to remove 3 plastic clips from each assembly to get housing out. You will reuse one of the screw and clip combos, and just the clips for the other two (you'll see what I mean when you pull it apart). This step could have used a 2nd set of hands, but I was able to manage with just mine

The far assembly screw was a ***** to get off/on, but not impossible. First side took me about 90 minutes; second size took about 20/25. Could easily do a job in under an hour now that I know what to do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Last edited:

John Root

Reaction score
You might get more response to your problem if you start your own thread.

Hi dbbd1,
Thanks a ton for your well instruction and i'll do the same to overcome my problem. hope it will be effective option for me with a new thread.