Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thrust

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Maybe this helps?

Attachments

• foglamp1.JPG
    foglamp1.JPG
    86.6 KB · Views: 7
  • foglamp2.JPG
    foglamp2.JPG
    53.4 KB · Views: 6

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
LED bulbs must be designed by the the bulb housing MFGR or vis-à-vis. The bulbs are essentially mounted on a projectile or stick. The best way I can describe why it won’t work is the picture below. Try to water the grass evenly with this pointing across the yard.

CFF3DBD5-EA91-4677-B266-A0DA6A46EB16.jpeg

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 392983View attachment 392984

The fog on the left is from a GMT900 and the one on the right is from a K2 Tahoe. Both have the phillips screwdriver fitting so you can adjust them from behind. Looking at several 2015 Tahoe foglight videos on youtube this morning, there's plenty of room to get back there and adjust them with a #2 phillips.
Your suggestion worked, there are Philips screw heads for all of the 3 mounting studs. Only one of the 3, the inner most lower stud, has that plastic "adjustment" wheel so that's the only stud I adjusted, to move the light beam down. Very easy to do without even lifting the vehicle. I'll just have to test it on the road at night to see if I need to make any further adjustment.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
LED bulbs must be designed by the the bulb housing MFGR or vis-à-vis. The bulbs are essentially mounted on a projectile or stick. The best way I can describe why it won’t work is the picture below. Try to water the grass evenly with this pointing across the yard.

View attachment 393250
My LED's don't have an issue. For the projector low beams, high beams, and fog lights, I have the light output set to the left and right at 3:00 and 9:00. Some people mistakenly orient the light emitting diodes straight up and down at 12:00 and 6:00 which isn't right for use with a parabolic reflector.

I have a pretty decent and crisp visible cutoff for all of these lights as well.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
My apologies for sounding like I've grouped your handy work with every character here in SoCal that's turned their import sedan into the equivalent of a full-size truck with a 3" lift shining through the back window.

The aftermarket lamps are so out of whack here they may have actually been adjusted, but it didn't make a difference because of how they're installed. If you ever see or hear of a driver on a high-speed chase for throwing Velveeta cheese slices on cars with lights out of adjustment, it isn't me giving them the cheese touch.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My apologies for sounding like I've grouped your handy work with every character here in SoCal that's turned their import sedan into the equivalent of a full-size truck with a 3" lift shining through the back window.

The aftermarket lamps are so out of whack here they may have actually been adjusted, but it didn't make a difference because of how they're installed. If you ever see or hear of a driver on a high-speed chase for throwing Velveeta cheese slices on cars with lights out of adjustment, it isn't me giving them the cheese touch.
About 3 weeks ago we were on the return leg of a 19 hour 1,150 mile road trip. Somewhere in Kentucky or southern Indiana I passed a Dodge Ram 2500 or 3500 hauling one of those ramp trailers - an independent car carrier. He had 2 or 3 super bright LED lightbars on. Just about every car and truck on the road coming in the opposite direction was flashing this r3t@rd.

I was only getting flashed when my fog lights were on, but I also had a little bit of squat action occuring in the rear due to having a load and a cargo basket hanging off of the rear end as well. I really wanted to use my fog lights all night long but couldn't. I was never flashed once due to the headlights alone.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Meh, no big deal. On longer trips like that just replace the normal pop up utility on your truck with something that’ll take care of bright lights. It’s a simple plug n play swap for one unit to another.

Change this roof accessory to ...

7D5471BD-94B5-4A0F-960A-A3FD60B781FC.png

This roof accessory ...

48AFD2BC-624D-4DF8-8801-A32C4ABE1962.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14