Fog Light Adjustment

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
According to a K2 owner's manual I looked at, there's no adjustments needed or a way provided like the previous generations.
I don't know what the heck is going on, apparently no one reads what I write.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't know what the heck is going on, apparently no one reads what I write.
I read every post and was responding to Wes. Wes and RooRancher have adjusted their K2 foglights and showed us how to do it.

I put a phillips screwdriver through the hole on my 900s to adjust them and maybe they are different than your K2s.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I read every post and was responding to Wes. Wes and RooRancher have adjusted their K2 foglights and showed us how to do it.

I put a phillips screwdriver through the hole on my 900s to adjust them and maybe they are different than your K2s.
I'll grab a picture possibly today.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
These are some god awful pictures, I'll admit. You know these vehicles have very little ground clearance in the front, especially with that monstrous air dam. I can't even get my head under there without lifting it up, and considering my fingers were numb from freezing, I decided not to. This is the hole that is beneath each fog light, and if you look straight up, you can see the plastic adjustment gear. But the hole is just as big as this hole so no matter what kind of Phillips screwdriver you insert, there's nothing to hold it tight against the plastic adjustment gear so that you can turn it like you normally find on other headlights. Take my word, there is no adjustment accessible from behind the fog lights - I've been behind there many times.

Attachments

• 20230224_140409.jpg
    20230224_140409.jpg
    122.7 KB · Views: 4
  • 20230224_140352.jpg
    20230224_140352.jpg
    131.7 KB · Views: 6

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Removing the front wheel well liners will give much better visual access to the area. Lifting front of rig will give better access all together.
Climb under there and try to sit up a little bit. You will be surprised at the available head space. Agreed, the dam will impede you a bit. Get some cardboard and lay down, slide under and sit up a little. The fog light assembly is directly above your picture of the plastic piece with the hole in it.

You may need to use some ingenuity, and pieces from local hardware store, to fabricate your own “adjustment brackets”. You can buy other clip-on bolt hardware at car shops (autozone, Napa, etc). Located with replacement hardware for different vehicles, often a revolving display Nothing says you can’t modify the GM setup to fit your own needs.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
ayimg.com%2Fimages%2Fg%2FwGwAAOSwpq9e6tfc%2Fs-l640.jpg73196f08dd8701bd5fe7f92a5837f379.jpg

The fog on the left is from a GMT900 and the one on the right is from a K2 Tahoe. Both have the phillips screwdriver fitting so you can adjust them from behind. Looking at several 2015 Tahoe foglight videos on youtube this morning, there's plenty of room to get back there and adjust them with a #2 phillips.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 392983View attachment 392984

The fog on the left is from a GMT900 and the one on the right is from a K2 Tahoe. Both have the phillips screwdriver fitting so you can adjust them from behind. Looking at several 2015 Tahoe foglight videos on youtube this morning, there's plenty of room to get back there and adjust them with a #2 phillips.

Monday has a high of 54 - I'll probably get a chance to take a look without freezing my phalanges. I'll double check to see if the threaded rods have Philips screwheads like your picture shows. However my light bulb socket looks entirely different than what is in that picture. If memory serves me correct, I read that the fog light housing you have shown is different, as the later models (mine is a 2019) received a revised light housing. The stock light bulbs that came with the truck are P13W and look nothing like whatever kind of locking mechanism is in your picture.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
PS - https://www.diodedynamics.com/fog-light-leds-for-2007-2015-chevrolet-tahoe-pair.html

This website shows the same bulb being used from 2007-2015 is a 5201/5202/PS19W/PS24W. So maybe that is a 2015 only specific light housing, and the 2016-2020 models received the revised light housing? Once again my truck does not use this bulb but uses a P13W which has the traditional 3-tab locking mechanism.

The reason I want to adjust my fog light is that ever since I swapped everything to LED, the only time I've ever been flashed high beams is when I have my fog lights on. I can also tell that they are aimed pretty high as they illuminate the road FURTHER than my LED headlights do!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw a video where those LED bulbs put out light much higher than original. The light was from the 2015 which used the same 5202 bulb as mine, the 2015.5 and later use a different one but had the same fittings on the ones I saw. Sorry I couldn't help, back to the drawing board.