FNG from Buffalo,NY

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice collection! Thanks for the information on the PPV too. First one I've seen with a GVWR of 6800 versus 6700. It'll be interesting to see its payload and towing capacities.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here's that hitch photo

View attachment 240854

Cool, the part number on the sticker is for the whole impact bar. I forget, the PPVs do not have any tow ratings, GM says not to tow with them. But even on here if you search, plenty of guys who tow with them. The 3.08 gear limits them to a rating of 5,000 pounds and if had 3.42 gears it would be up around 8500.

KC4 and KNP are your HD Cooling codes. The first one is for the engine oil cooler, the second for the transmission external cooler.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping for 3.42 since it had the tow package but honestly I'm not sure how to tell and if the old spin the tire and count driveshaft revolutions work on these new rear ends, I would naturally think it would limit top speed and wonder if that came into play while the factory put the different packages together for the PPV.
My 02 Silverado Z71 with tow package has 3.73 gears, I understand it has a 4 speed vs 6 speed transmission and probably the reason for the higher rear gear but still quite the jump.
My concern would be more with squatting the rear, if need be I'll install helper bags in the rear springs to keep things on the level.

OP
OP
Peacock

Peacock

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Little update, even though the dealer listed it as having a tow package it DOES NOT, I do not have RPO Z82 which is for the trailering package, little disappointing. I was ready to buy a 4x4 with the tow package until I seen this 2WD had it, (well had it listed anyhow) now I'll be thinking about that every time I hook the trailer to it. Being it's a PPV it does have the engine/trans coolers and heavy duty brakes, probably have to add a helper bag to the rear springs, looking back prior to tow/haul packages there were plenty of 1/2 tons out there towing.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts