Fluctuating Voltage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2K7SWT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
So, just recently I noticed the volts fluctuating on my dash (between 12.5 to 14.5 V)...I've been spinning around the interwebs trying to find what the cause might be, bad alternator, battery, or wiring (still not really sure). I ran across a thread here by one Mr. NathanJax and how he removed a RVC from the negative batter side of the battery to level the volts out. I would like to give this a try on mine, however the wonderful pictures that were posted I'm not able too (and after searching the interwebs a little more, not able to find anything I think is right). So, after reading the thread and getting the idea that this is "normal" or there abouts, I'm wanting to give this a try, however don't want to start unplugging the wrong thing. Can anyone (or NathanJax) share some pictures of what it looks like or where it's located please? Thanks in advance. If this does solve that problem, then I'll just replace the battery because I think it has a dead cell anyway.

OP
OP
2K7SWT

2K7SWT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Is it just a simple plug that plugs into the negative cable that comes directly off the battery?

IMG_6909.JPG

IMG_6910.JPG

OP
OP
2K7SWT

2K7SWT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Did that do the trick?
I haven't had a chance to really drive it since I unplugged it. I don't drive it daily but when I did unplug it and drive around for about 10 miles, it stayed just over 14 volts. We will see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlueAc

Reaction score
I haven't had a chance to really drive it since I unplugged it. I don't drive it daily but when I did unplug it and drive around for about 10 miles, it stayed just over 14 volts. We will see.

Thanks... keep us posted.

OP
OP
2K7SWT

2K7SWT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks... keep us posted.
Yup, it was either here or somewhere on the Internets I read what is purpose was. I tried to do a ton of research before asking, unfortunately I wasn't able to determine if that was the plug or not.

Thank you by the way for letting me know that was the plug.

OP
OP
2K7SWT

2K7SWT

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yup, it was either here or somewhere on the Internets I read what is purpose was. I tried to do a ton of research before asking, unfortunately I wasn't able to determine if that was the plug or not.

Thank you by the way for letting me know that was the plug.

That's a new ones for me. I did not read that.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jonawhie61989