Flickering interior and headlights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Shatcher0428

Reaction score
My 04 suburban is still having headlamp/interior lights flicker. I did replace headlamp switch, new relay flasher/turn signal relay and also new turn signal switch. Any suggestions? Thanks!

MassHoe04

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 04 suburban is still having headlamp/interior lights flicker. I did replace headlamp switch, new relay flasher/turn signal relay and also new turn signal switch. Any suggestions? Thanks!
Sometimes I feel like I might sound like a broken record (now, there's a phrase that shows my age...), but ground connections...
Inspect, clean & tighten.

Pretty sure headlamps have a ground in the engine bay. I could be wrong, but I kind of think it is near the radiator (driver's side?).

Interior lights controlled through the Body Control Module (BCM). Grounds are on the body mount "wing" that is found on the frame under the driver's side below the front door hinge line.

Also: Inspect, clean & tighten terminal connections from the alternator and do the same for battery cables/clamps.

OP
OP
Shatcher0428

Shatcher0428

Reaction score
Hey just wanted to update anyone having the problem i had, i had checked all my grounds and my alternator was only 2 years old, autozone said it checked good, but i kept noticing my voltage gauge in my truck fluctuating constantly from 14-15 would not stay constant at all, bought another new alternator from autzone, and so far no more flickering and my volt/amp in truck is directly on 14. Have had alternators check good in past and it still would be the silent culprit!