Flex a lite fan melting fuse holder

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
If it’s putting out 36 amps I have to use a 40. I’m the one who hasn’t had a problem in 5 years. And my fans run on high ALL the time here in Louisiana.

That fuse holder could have melted like that from a poor connection inside the fuse holder. All it has is 2 female slide in connectors.
I had a customers car with a loose wire to the battery terminal that melted the lead on the terminal cause it was loose.

You are 100% correct that loose connections are a problem. Loose means arcing, arcing means heat, and heat means melting.

My point was that simply installing a larger fuse is bad electrical practice. If the fuse exceeds the ampacity of the wire, it's not protecting anything. The wire has become the fuse. e.g. If you put a #14 wire on a 20 amp fuse, the wire will burn before the fuse trips, as it's ampacity is <20A, hence the fuse is useless.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9