Fixing LED hyperflash without using resisters?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

marc1255boats

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2014 Tahoe and I changed my turn signals to LED and now they HYPERFLASH. I heard there might be a turn signal relay that you can switch that is LED compatible. I bought resisters but they get so hot I'm afraid i'll burn down the truck, melt wires, or anything around the tail lights. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
Hello,
I have a 2014 Tahoe and I changed my turn signals to LED and now they HYPERFLASH. I heard there might be a turn signal relay that you can switch that is LED compatible. I bought resisters but they get so hot I'm afraid i'll burn down the truck, melt wires, or anything around the tail lights. Any suggestions?
Thanks,

You can NOT swap flashers like the older trucks because there is no flasher, the flash rate is controlled by the body control module.

You need to get the BCM reflashed/reprogrammed to be LED compatible.

Here is a link to where you can have it done:

http://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/in...ategory_id=54&option=com_virtuemart&Itemid=54

Alternately you could mount the resistors under the truck screwed into the metal to act as a better heat sink and just run the wires back up to the connectors.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KCW_Andrew