Fixed up the old tail lights

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My crappy old taillights were turning pink from the sun, so I decided I needed new ones. I wanted to try painting them first though. I used a Krylon fusion Safety red that matching my sun faded victory red truck just about perfectly. I just masked off the light areas and gave a few quick coats and then cleared them. They look much better and should get me by until I can get some new ones.

before:
Truck4-18-09011.jpg
Truck4-18-09006.jpg
After:
IMG_6142.jpg
IMG_6143.jpg

Last edited:

gbleezy

loves to snowboard
Reaction score
nice...that's a pretty good match on the paint.

350VortecSSCT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats pretty damn good...i hate those lights cuz they look so cheap but you should start selling tail lights like that!

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They were a gift from my little brother when I first got the truck. They also had chrome rings around the lights that I quickly knocked off. But all in all they look really good I think.

mikeykey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm a believer in krylon fusion now too!!! Looks good. How'd you tape the circles? Did you just cover them and razor off the excess?

OP
OP
bowtiefreak

bowtiefreak

No Quarter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yup, about $7 for a can of paint and a can of clear. I just taped off the circles and razored them out.

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
looks good considering. lol. I'm amazed it matched so well.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan