Fixed rattle in back

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

teddybear

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hard to tell exactly where noises come from even while laying down in the back. Tightened lift gate by moving latch a bit. No luck. It stopped a big rattle a couple of months ago. Thought it had moved and loosened up again. Looked at Jack. Somebody had mentioned that on here. Seemed very tight. Thought it was pointless but WTH. Doubled up a old sock and smashed it in between the jack and the plastic wall of the interior. Bingo. No more banging noise when going over bumps. Cool. Now if I can find the gieger counter noise under drivers dash. Hard place to get into. Still trying though. Hope this helps somebody. 2015 Yukon 38,000 miles. Never would have bought this car if I had known all the problems I would have in the first year of ownership. Put 6500 miles in one year of owning.

16rgs

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Check the Fake wood trim pieces on both sides of the center console.

Funny, the fake trim on the driver side door has been a source of aggravation since I bought the truck. Especially in the hotter months. I have two business cards stuffed in there. Every time the dealer says they cannot hear it. Next thing is to use some silicone. First American made truck I have had and sorry to have bought it. Should have stayed with 4 Runner's but needed the towing capacity.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
09 Tahoe Hybrid and Both my driver and passenger rear doors have a light rattle but lowering the window about 1/4" makes it stop. It Drives my son nuts when he rides with me but my old ears barely even notice it. Secret might be to just be OLD? Only time will tell........Haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal