Fishing rod storage

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm curious what you guys are doing with your fishing rods in your rigs?

I'm sick of taking them in and out or having to move them around every time I take the fam out.

I have seen some bungee cord ideas but I think that would be annoying with them bouncing around.

What do you guys do with your fishing rods?
Oh all of my rods are one piece ranging from a little dock demon to about 8'.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not being a dick. According to his post, he stores his rods in his Tahoe at all times and they're in the way when he has passengers. Maybe he fishes more than he rides with his family in the car. If that's the case, I don't know what to say other than to get 2-piece rods or mount some rod holders to the headliner or get a rooftop box like electricians and plumbers use to carry pipe and/or grounding rods.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Years ago while googling I came across custom mounts that fit in Suburbans. Kept the rods over everyone's heads but I do not remember what body styles they were for.

Some guys will affix large diameter PVC pipes to their roof racks and store the rods, with reels, in the pipes which are capped at the ends.

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I keep my fishing rods in the garage. :shrug:

I don't have a garage :( Yet

I use a 12 ga.

I thought about using my AR, more of a challenge :)

Ya know you two... he’s asking a serious question and you have to be dicks.... c’mon man....

Mine are in my basement...

Thanks, it's ok though. I kind of expected it

Hahaha, actually mine are in the basement now as well.

Not being a dick. According to his post, he stores his rods in his Tahoe at all times and they're in the way when he has passengers. Maybe he fishes more than he rides with his family in the car. If that's the case, I don't know what to say other than to get 2-piece rods or mount some rod holders to the headliner or get a rooftop box like electricians and plumbers use to carry pipe and/or grounding rods.

I must clarify that when I do store them in my Tahoe, its because my 10 year old little girl loves to fish and with our recent move we are now a lot closer (about 200 yards from the ocean) to some pretty awesome fishing spots. So, it makes it easier to just pull over when I pick her up from school or just out for a cruise.
Unfortunately, I don't have roof racks so, nothing goes up top.

I used to use this in my blazer.

http://www.basspro.com/shop/en/rod-saver-vehicle-rod-carrier

Unfortunately I haven't been able to find a way to mount it in my 05 yukon.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

That's a good idea.

Hmm, I wonder if it could be modified to fit.

Years ago while googling I came across custom mounts that fit in Suburbans. Kept the rods over everyone's heads but I do not remember what body styles they were for.

Some guys will affix large diameter PVC pipes to their roof racks and store the rods, with reels, in the pipes which are capped at the ends.

I'm going to have to google and see if I can what you're talking about.

Unfortunately, I do not have roof racks.

May just have to make something to fit.

I appreciate the info and sarcasm :)

moosehead

Full Access Member
Reaction score
They attach to coat hanger hooks. My yukon doesn't have any in the rear so no way to attach them.
I used to have a rod with me all the time just in case.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

OP
OP
992dr

992dr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm, I don't remember if I do. I'll have to look to see if I have hangers back there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Willis12345