First time changing engine oil 2005 Yukon XL

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
Does "synthetic blended media" mean paper?
No, but I rank them with paper in my head. Poor wording on my part

Blended media captures a bit more dirt than paper, better if you're doing longer OCIs. But doesn't really have the flow rate of pure fiberglass media or the filtration efficiency with respect to particle size. 99% at 30 microns. Good enough? Yeah. Exceptional? No

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
No, but I rank them with paper in my head. Poor wording on my part

Blended media captures a bit more dirt than paper, better if you're doing longer OCIs. But doesn't really have the flow rate of pure fiberglass media or the filtration efficiency with respect to particle size. 99% at 30 microns. Good enough? Yeah. Exceptional? No

Cool. I read a post from somebody that called Mobil about them. They told him the 30 micron test is based on some standard and their media is good down to 19. Obviously, the % efficiency will go down, too.

OP
OP
mountie

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Having said ALL THAT........ It comes down to......... Wha kind of filter material I should prefer, and the material is described on the package as..... Wha ?? :help:

( besides the known other pluses of how a filter is designed )

TahoYukon Forum

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey all, I suggest Castrol full synth with Partsmaster 61522 (about $5 from rockauto.com) this is Wix 51522 equal. I ordered both, cut open and all items were identical. I think my Tahoe called for the 51045 (short) filter, but prefer the tall can. Did the same with Wix 51258 and had same result with Partsmaster 61258 and use those on my Chevy BB & Olds 403. I got an email from R/Auto saying items discontinued for my vehicles in garage and ordered for $1.50 each, shipped, so ordered 100 61522 & 50 61258. I'm set for life yo. :^)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC

Latest posts