First Post Questions- About to Pickup 2010 SSV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

tomandjerry00

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As for the console, whatever bracket you see down there is likely for the radio console that was removed. They may have forgotten to take the part out you see, or just didn't need it since the GMT900 has been replaced now.

The center console attaches under the dash in a few places, but the major support/mounting points are using a seat mounting stud for each front seat (the most inward and rear stud for each side). Since you have to take your seats out to mount the console, save any major carpet cleaning or seat cleaning for when you purchase a console and are ready to install it. You'll be able to get access to much more real estate to clean.

Thanks for the info! And I actually read your write-up before I even purchased. Very helpful.

This is the console base that’s installed. Any ideas on who makes it or what to search to find accessories? I’d really just like a couple cup holders. Don’t mind bolting an ammo can or two for storage. Seems like they’d be a great size. A table of sorts would be even better.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
c2b0f94a5b902c9898d073b17bd959e0.jpg

Ilikemtb999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like extruded aluminum and there’s a lot of accessories for that stuff.

As far as ammo cans go, I’ve got one in my cucv as a center console and just used boat cup holders in the top of it. I think it may be a bit tall for a Tahoe though. It’s a 20mm can

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Upfitter accessories tend to be kind of expensive, even used. I'd pull that base, sell it, and replace it with a factory console. They come with, or you can get, cupholders that fit in the front 'cubby'. Heck, you can get a couple of them, and have space for your water, coffee, tea and Coke all at once!

We have one in our '10, and inside the console hide a pistol vault, Antigravity jumpstart battery and still have room for much, much more. The console makes a handy arm rest, too.

Look around the passenger-side footwell close to the transmission tunnel for three holes. That truck may have had a laptop mount mounted, and if so, would still have those holes. You can get a similar mount with a flat surface to use as your 'table top'. Again, they're not cheap, but if the bolt holes are already there, use them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu