Finshed up some MOD's inside the Hoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2002 Tahoe .. installed 02 Escalade cluster, blue LED backlights. Fabricated my own steel supporters for double-din installation of a Pioneer AVIC-F700BT. Installed blue LED's in all locations, door, ceiling and floor .. ultra white LED's in the map and reading lights.

Still have more to do yet .. video belows shows what has been done so far and what is looking to be done soon.

02 Tahoe - MOD's

2000Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Escalade Gauge

With your new gauge cluster, did your mileage that was on your truck display on your gauges. I've heard that you have to program them to read the correct mileage of the truck.

brndns_hoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks clean! nice idea on the white map lights but blue on the others..might have to use that idea muahaha, by the way, where are you from? didn't exactly sound like an ohio accent, lol

OP
OP
LordGeek

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2000Yukon .. correct, you have to get them reprogrammed to match your original in regards to the mileage .. with help on here, I received 2 quotes from people in CT and FL .. one for $120 .. the other for $125.

brndns_hoe .. far from being a Ohio accent LOL .. I'm Australian. I originally had all Ultra Bright White LED's in all, was WAY TO BRIGHT for me .. wanted an onimous glow in the Hoe, so I switched them all out with the blue LED's and tell you what .. I ain't putting the whites back in ..

OP
OP
LordGeek

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The LED's and resisters showed up to today from China .. so the rest of the light conversion will now continue with replacing everything in the HVAC, Lights, 4x4 selector, Fog/Rear Wiper and ALL the doors .. these will all be replaced with blue LED's .. will post either pics or video once completed.

cnatalie

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Looks great! So great in fact, that's exactly what I am doing to my 2001 yukon xl. Where did you find the leds for the doors and foot lighten though?

OP
OP
LordGeek

LordGeek

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CNatalie .. you can purchase these from Super Bright LEDs for an excellent price. I would not do what BWilly20 did .. AutoZones pricings on LED's are ridiculous .. there prices are 3 to 4 time MORE than Super Bright LEDs.

Get them mail order, do not go to any local store to purchase.

bwilly20

Full Access Member
Reaction score
CNatalie .. you can purchase these from Super Bright LEDs for an excellent price. I would not do what BWilly20 did .. AutoZones pricings on LED's are ridiculous .. there prices are 3 to 4 time MORE than Super Bright LEDs.

Get them mail order, do not go to any local store to purchase.

well, autozone is great if you don't mind paying and don't feel like waiting. just sayin'.......

EDIT: and the resistors were already built in so that's 8 less things i had to order and install.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne