Finally upgraded my fogs to Rigid D2

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Omag321

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
As a followup to my install I have since also installed a single row Rough Country 30" single row LED light bar however due to the active aero shutters, I was not able to put it behind the grille and didn't want to anyway as the grille would be an obstruction. Also my goal is not to make any modifications to this truck that involve drilling or damage to any factory hardware, so a roof LED bar is not my thing (not just the holes in the A pillar, also due to wind noise, height and too obvious/easy for thieves and cops).

I actually bought from Amazon some motorcycle handlebar brackets which fit the tow hooks of all things and attached the bar there. Fits and works really well, was also really easy to rig up. I accept any laughs at my expense on this, I realize that may not be everyone's preference..... Another consideration here were height above the ground and the parking sensors for which this doesn't seem to cause any issues. A brush guard would have helped for the lighting but not so much on the skid plate and sensors.

My next step is going to be ditch lights and already ordered the brackets from Apoc Industries. Going to see if I can get a round 4-6" pod LEDs will fit. Thanks

View attachment 358959

Do you notice any bouncing with the light? Or is it pretty secure and has no movement? Interesting add

ComputernerdBD

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know it is unconventional. The actual clamps on the tow hooks don't move once they are tightened down, the metal arms have a little bit of play if you really want to try bending the brackets but I can't say I see any bouncing on the road, they are pretty stable. Only issue is because all of the lights are low to the ground, hills do create a shadow when driving uphill so the ditch lights should solve that part. I also may get a quad light adapter to fit four of the pods as ditch lights, if they give me the same output better distributed than another lightbar while keeping my no-drill and try not to add more height or width to the truck so it can still fit in parking garages and other places specs, great. Also going to investigate if roof rack brackets can be used as a temp solution to install a roof bar but that is down the road (pun intended). By the way I decided due to the fact I have the Rigid pods already I bought a pair of spot pods with the side shooter LEDs for the ditch lights. Those should work well in that application. Thanks

EDIT - Added the ditch lights and connected them for testing, adding some photos with the updated setup including the lightbar and fog light hole pods too.

Attachments

• 20220110_015747.jpg
    20220110_015747.jpg
    196 KB · Views: 21
  • 20220110_015926.jpg
    20220110_015926.jpg
    224.4 KB · Views: 22
  • 20220110_015953.jpg
    20220110_015953.jpg
    310.4 KB · Views: 23
  • 20220110_020050.jpg
    20220110_020050.jpg
    171 KB · Views: 21
Last edited:

ASIMAVI

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Many thanks for the information. Just saved me a ton of research! Now i just have to wait for the KD fabworks to be back in stock
Can you share installation details with pictures if you have when you all get parts together helps for new DIY

Sparksalot

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I know it is unconventional. The actual clamps on the tow hooks don't move once they are tightened down, the metal arms have a little bit of play if you really want to try bending the brackets but I can't say I see any bouncing on the road, they are pretty stable. Only issue is because all of the lights are low to the ground, hills do create a shadow when driving uphill so the ditch lights should solve that part. I also may get a quad light adapter to fit four of the pods as ditch lights, if they give me the same output better distributed than another lightbar while keeping my no-drill and try not to add more height or width to the truck so it can still fit in parking garages and other places specs, great. Also going to investigate if roof rack brackets can be used as a temp solution to install a roof bar but that is down the road (pun intended). By the way I decided due to the fact I have the Rigid pods already I bought a pair of spot pods with the side shooter LEDs for the ditch lights. Those should work well in that application. Thanks

EDIT - Added the ditch lights and connected them for testing, adding some photos with the updated setup including the lightbar and fog light hole pods too.
Not quite sure you have enough light there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhefner

Latest posts