Finally . . . tow mirrors?!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Demer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I saw those a little bit ago and reached out to them asking if these would be a correct fit for my vehicle since I have blind spot monitoring and power folding mirrors. This was their response:

“Hello,
Thank you for contacting us. Upon inspection of our listing, it seems as though the mirror pair, 1AMRP01822, will not be the correct fit for your 2016 Yukon XL Denali.

PART # 1AMRP01822, will not be equipped with the power folding nor the blind spot monitoring feature. If installed you will would lose the blind spot monitoring and you will constantly have a dash notifications for the lack of feature. Generally, because mirrors do have that "option for option" design the parts would not function properly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Thank you,
Nichole”

If your options match up identically with these mirrors it may be a good fit. Ideally, it would cool if we could take only the mounting portion of these mirrors and graft them on to the Sierra HD tow mirrors. I’m not willing to take the plunge and buy 2 sets of mirrors and see if parts can be mixed and matched though.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a buddy got the ones from amazon above, he likes them a lot.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
a buddy got the ones from amazon above, he likes them a lot.
I have a set I bought from Cabelas, very similar to the ones from Amazon. They fit tightly and work well. They are a bit hard to remove once attached to your mirrors, which may be a good thing.

MidwestMike

Full Access Member
Reaction score
**** makes the original (better?) snap on mirror.

I just bought another set for my newer Tahoe.

I looked at all the aftermarket options, ranging from $80 -$240. I believe they are mostly the same. My only concern with them is it appears they all have some vibration at highway speed.
That would drive me nuts so I bought the **** clip-ons that will be on for the snowmobile season.

2591tdj

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’m pretty sure that mine are **** brand. I don’t recall vibration being an issue.

JTRATX

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought the K Source snap on tow mirrors for my 17 Denali, Rock Auto had the best price.

dwkehoss

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the snap on mirrors and dont feel they are big enough. In addition, they are starting to create scuff marks. I am currently trying to determine if the aftermarket large mirrors will work even tho I dont have the sensors and lights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts