Finally stranded me...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
smoothing capacitor will start it even faster... this can supply the amperage faster then a lead acid battery

Fastest Tahoe start in a 1/10th of second

looks like it took longer for the computer to communicate more then anything

Is that what they’re using in these cars that shut down when you stop then they start up as you let off the brake?

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is that what they’re using in these cars that shut down when you stop then they start up as you let off the brake?
The starter drives the SUV:emotions33:

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'd like to know more about this. Where can I find info and how to install? Google search didn't bring up anything relevant.
Super capacitors
you can buy prebuilt units from XS power make sure it can do 14.5v version at a min

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had this problem is ended up being my negative battery cable. Push the battery cables against the firewall while trying to start it. After replacing the negative battery cable I never had this issue again.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I had this problem is ended up being my negative battery cable. Push the battery cables against the firewall while trying to start it. After replacing the negative battery cable I never had this issue again.
I already replaced all my battery cables in the past, and had since made sure they were all in good working order and protected using di-electric grease. They are not crusty/corroded, so it wasn't the cables. I wished it was, because it would have been a simple fix.

So far, the new starter has been awesome. No choking, just immediate startup. 1920 cranking amps (1540 cold) sure does help though! :Big Laugh:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I already replaced all my battery cables in the past, and had since made sure they were all in good working order and protected using di-electric grease. They are not crusty/corroded, so it wasn't the cables. I wished it was, because it would have been a simple fix.

So far, the new starter has been awesome. No choking, just immediate startup. 1920 cranking amps (1540 cold) sure does help though! :Big Laugh:

i would still check all the ground maybe even re clean them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Banjomatic