Finally installed the Transgo HD2 kit...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JP422

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
My truck is a 1999 Yukon Denali w/ 165k miles... originall tranny (4L60E)

Man what a nice difference. One of my springs in the 1-2 acumulator was also broken, and the Transgo Kit replaces that. I also picked up a valve plate as well (galvonized?) which was a good move because one of my checkballs was embedded 1/2 way into it.

I also installed a high performance Sonax 4th valve, a Summit Racing deep pan (cast alum), Energy Suspension tranny mount, and Amsoil synth ATF. the truck shifts so much better now, smoother, yet firm. The power actually feels like it gets to the ground now too. It cruises better, and if floored, the front will lift, the rear will crouch, and the truck finally moves! Wow.

This is another one of those "damn I shoulda done this long time ago" mods.
drives perfect! (knock on wood)...

Overall install was pretty straight forward and easy. Follow the instructions carefully. The big PITA was because of my CA emissions cats. the single muffler inlet needed to be unbolted and the cats needed to be loosened up, to remove/install the ATF pan.

shsportsfan12

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Where in the south bay are you located?

I have long considered the TransGo shift kit. Did you have it tuned after installing it? Definitely something to consider

blueflamed03

Supporting Member
Reaction score
nice. It's amazing what simple tranny changes can do. Makes it feel like a whole new ride.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wilburMN