Finally Installed the Maggie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want a cam pretty badly. That's my next move. I have to save up a little since they're pricey. I was quoted $5750 :eek::eek::eek:
Wow. I'm sure that's because they want to remove the blower and heads and pull the lifters to do it. That's what every shop around me wanted even though there's a perfectly easy way to do it without. I mean, sure, the service manual states to pull the lifters but there are workarounds. That's why I did my own. I paid about $900 for the cam, pushrods, double springs and seals. I was going to go cheap and just do upgraded rocker trunnions which are about $100 but opted for rail mounted full roller rockers which set me back around $600. I did the swap in a weekend without pulling my blower.

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
Wow. I'm sure that's because they want to remove the blower and heads and pull the lifters to do it. That's what every shop around me wanted even though there's a perfectly easy way to do it without. I mean, sure, the service manual states to pull the lifters but there are workarounds. That's why I did my own. I paid about $900 for the cam, pushrods, double springs and seals. I was going to go cheap and just do upgraded rocker trunnions which are about $100 but opted for rail mounted full roller rockers which set me back around $600. I did the swap in a weekend without pulling my blower.
I wish I could do it myself.

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
Sounds good, nice and subtle. Wonder how loud the whine is when you get on it.
Zero whine. I asked my tuner about that and he told me the TVS blowers don't whine. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I have none.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
looks great

Zero whine. I asked my tuner about that and he told me the TVS blowers don't whine. I'm not sure if that's true or not, but I have none.

yup , mine has minimal whine, but i think its b/c im at 9.5#s of boost.
& i dont have LTs yet... so its not drowned out by exhaust yet lol
heard mine a little more after chg'ing to GMHP CAI & opened up fender to match opening

ive heard porting is an option to increase HP & more whine
ive heard some whine really well... pretty sure they were above 14#s of boost

dont go much over 10-11# until you upgrade your rotating assembly w/ forged parts. ;)

wish mine was a 2300, but 1900 is just as fun :-D

once you get big brakes.... make sure to update spare to at least a transit rim ;)

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
looks great

yup , mine has minimal whine, but i think its b/c im at 9.5#s of boost.
& i dont have LTs yet... so its not drowned out by exhaust yet lol
heard mine a little more after chg'ing to GMHP CAI & opened up fender to match opening

ive heard porting is an option to increase HP & more whine
ive heard some whine really well... pretty sure they were above 14#s of boost

dont go much over 10-11# until you upgrade your rotating assembly w/ forged parts. ;)

wish mine was a 2300, but 1900 is just as fun :-D

once you get big brakes.... make sure to update spare to at least a transit rim ;)
Thank you. I appreciate it. Do you have a part # for your CAI? I bought an AFE momentum but my tuner said it would be nearly impossible to make that one work. Any way you can post a pic of your engine bay so I can check out the CAI? Is the MAF mounted to the air box or the intake tube?

I definitely want to turn it up, but I agree on the forged internals. Gonna take a little time since it's all so $$$$. Lol

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here is a clip I took today. Doesn't sound as good as it does in person but it still sounds good. I'm gonna have my buddy film it with a camera that has a better mic soon.

So your Magnaflow exhaust is not the off the shelf Magnaflow #19040 cat-back system?
It's not this?:

It's a custom 3.5" mandrel bent system with a 22" Magnaflow muffler added? More details on that.

Did you have a local muffler shop weld and fab it up for you?
Do you just have the 22" Magnaflow muffler and that's it? No added resonator?