Finally Installed the Maggie!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
So your Magnaflow exhaust is not the off the shelf Magnaflow #19040 cat-back system?
It's not this?:

It's a custom 3.5" mandrel bent system with a 22" Magnaflow muffler added? More details on that.

Did you have a local muffler shop weld and fab it up for you?
Do you just have the 22" Magnaflow muffler and that's it? No added resonator?
Exactly. I really wanted the Corsa exhaust but they only come with 3" tubing. So I had my exhaust shop do it. It's 3.5" mandrel bent tubing from the Y-pipe back, using the 22" magnaflow. No resonator and I have speed engineering long tube headers and their catless Y-pipe. And I paid $650 for the full exhaust and he did an amazing job. He even added a few flanges so I can take the exhaust apart, if needed. I'm very happy with it and I saved about $600.

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
So your Magnaflow exhaust is not the off the shelf Magnaflow #19040 cat-back system?
It's not this?:

It's a custom 3.5" mandrel bent system with a 22" Magnaflow muffler added? More details on that.

Did you have a local muffler shop weld and fab it up for you?
Do you just have the 22" Magnaflow muffler and that's it? No added resonator?
I forgot to add that its Magnaflow #12909.

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exactly. I really wanted the Corsa exhaust but they only come with 3" tubing. So I had my exhaust shop do it. It's 3.5" mandrel bent tubing from the Y-pipe back, using the 22" magnaflow. No resonator and I have speed engineering long tube headers and their catless Y-pipe. And I paid $650 for the full exhaust and he did an amazing job. He even added a few flanges so I can take the exhaust apart, if needed. I'm very happy with it and I saved about $600.

That sounds like a sweet set-up! You definitely found a diamond in the rough at that exhaust shop, finding a guy capable of doing that type of exhaust work at that price is rare.

You mentioned Corsa. So my exhaust is far from anything custom or spectacular, but I too was set on Corsa. I ended up purchasing a lightly used Corsa 3.5" muffler from their Silverado/Sierra Corsa #14866 cat-back system from a forum member over on on www.gm-trucks.com .

The Corsa muffler from this cat-back here: https://www.corsaperformance.com/co...ucts/6-2l-silverado-sierra-3-0-cat-back-14866

Had it welded in place of the stock muffler, removed flap, and left in the resonator over the rear axle and I couldn't be happier with the sound. I'd like to add headers and a catted Y eventually.

Thought really hard about picking up the Corsa #14866 and just having a muffler shop cut and modify it to fit my Yukon Denali XL, I'm confident it wouldn't take much modification to fit. But still couldn't bring myself to drop $1,400+ on a cat-back that would need modified to fit.

I need to find an exhaust shop her in Ohio with a guy capable of doing what you had done.

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
That sounds like a sweet set-up! You definitely found a diamond in the rough at that exhaust shop, finding a guy capable of doing that type of exhaust work at that price is rare.

You mentioned Corsa. So my exhaust is far from anything custom or spectacular, but I too was set on Corsa. I ended up purchasing a lightly used Corsa 3.5" muffler from their Silverado/Sierra Corsa #14866 cat-back system from a forum member over on on www.gm-trucks.com .

The Corsa muffler from this cat-back here: https://www.corsaperformance.com/co...ucts/6-2l-silverado-sierra-3-0-cat-back-14866

Had it welded in place of the stock muffler, removed flap, and left in the resonator over the rear axle and I couldn't be happier with the sound. I'd like to add headers and a catted Y eventually.

Thought really hard about picking up the Corsa #14866 and just having a muffler shop cut and modify it to fit my Yukon Denali XL, I'm confident it wouldn't take much modification to fit. But still couldn't bring myself to drop $1,400+ on a cat-back that would need modified to fit.

I need to find an exhaust shop her in Ohio with a guy capable of doing what you had done.
Nice. I wish I could find a 3.5" corsa muffler. I imagine it shouldn't be too expensive for you to do it, considering you already have the muffler.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thank you. I appreciate it. Do you have a part # for your CAI? I bought an AFE momentum but my tuner said it would be nearly impossible to make that one work. Any way you can post a pic of your engine bay so I can check out the CAI? Is the MAF mounted to the air box or the intake tube?

I definitely want to turn it up, but I agree on the forged internals. Gonna take a little time since it's all so $$$$. Lol

think this was p/n:

20170325_145354.jpg

this is area to trim opening to make sure you get all you can into intake (sorry sucky pic)
20160517_163714_sm.jpg

this is how much i cut out to match new CAI
20170325_125326.jpg

WTSHARK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I finally got the Maggie TVS2300 installed that I bought from Black Bear Performance. Holy Crap, why did I wait so long? This thing is so much fun now, but I can see wanting more boost in the near future. Mods are in my signature.

View attachment 346586View attachment 346587
That looks absolutely fantastic! LOVE the black on black. Sweet ride my friend, job well done!

JustinMKN

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

If you find a shop in Ohio yell! I'm in Columbus 2017 Suburban

fozzi58

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh YOUR the guy that bought it out form under me! LMAO. I was trying to ask "Justin" questions about it and they were a little fishy about putting him on the phone with me...next thing I know it was sold.

Its cool, I got my Whipple 2.9 sitting in the garage. My appointment is on the 23rd.

Not sure what mods you did or plan to do to the trans but I would get yourself a Circle D 3k stall, with the triple disc vane. Also you want the trans to run coooler or your are going to need a rebuild. Also the thermostat in the trans. Check this out. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeT3qyNj/

OP
OP
Eddie Rivera

Eddie Rivera

Reaction score
Oh YOUR the guy that bought it out form under me! LMAO. I was trying to ask "Justin" questions about it and they were a little fishy about putting him on the phone with me...next thing I know it was sold.

Its cool, I got my Whipple 2.9 sitting in the garage. My appointment is on the 23rd.

Not sure what mods you did or plan to do to the trans but I would get yourself a Circle D 3k stall, with the triple disc vane. Also you want the trans to run coooler or your are going to need a rebuild. Also the thermostat in the trans. Check this out. https://vm.tiktok.com/ZMeT3qyNj/
I never got to speak with Justin either. Lol He was always busy according to them. I actually think they tried to do right by you because I tried to buy the kit like a week before that and they kept telling me that they had someone ahead of me that they needed to speak to before they could sell it to me.

Congrats on the Whipple!

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts