Finally got my rear entertainment...

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think they may be referring to the My Chevrolet App where you can send a destination to the vehicle from the App. This requires a paid Onstar subscription though.

Another key point about the factory NAV...Speed limit info is provided via the NAV. So if your truck has NAV you get speed limit information in the dash.
You are correct :)

Fireman591

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have the free, base OnStar package with our 2017 Suburban, and it allows me to use key fob features to lock/unlock/start/etc. I can also send navigation directions from the app on my phone to the in-dash nav. I'm not sure if you can do this if your Tahoe doesn't have built-in navigation.

However, I'm hearing good things about wireless CarPlay, so like someone mentioned above, that pretty much makes built-in nav obsolete.
Thanks for the info. Ya the wireless car play and waze app works great so far. just have to get used to no factory nav :(

twernst

Reaction score
Looks good, question looks like at least on kiddo is still in a full seat, do you start the video for them and then control from a phone or something like that?

Ndegoede

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I also had the dealer install after market screens on my ten day old $75k+ 2021 suburban premier. Thought it was going to be like the OEM style. Wasn’t even close. Had them remove it the next day. Couldn’t believe what they installed was $2400.

looked cheap and not great software. Didn’t interact with the front either so couldn’t control it for my 2 and 5 yr old.

Have another kid on the way and wouldn’t have been able to put a car seat rear facing as the new install was super low on the back of the seat.

went ahead and ordered iPads and the autozone bracket as well. That looks to be a good solution till car custom folks come up with new ideas.
At least my kids can take the iPads out and use them in the house or wherever.

Carol00silva

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It might be Verizon IPads, but I think it’s about as close as it’s going to get without being junk. (Idk if anyone seen my aftermarket rear entertainment that was installed and then uninstalled in July ‍♀️) these were actually cheaper than that mess!! At least the kids can watch YouTube and Netflix without using my hot spot. Believe it or not, the tablet holders were only $15 ea thru autozone and were the only ones I could find that didn’t sit the tablets below the headrest. I highly recommend getting the iPad 12. Whatever if you wanna get as close to factory as possible. I’m pretty happy.. but make sure you get insurance. I’d hate for someone to break in my car and get them or for one to fall out. (Which I don’t see happening, because these $15 holders are awesome)

View attachment 256921 View attachment 256922 View attachment 256923
These are great! I paid my dealership extra money to have the factory rear entertainment system installed. I bought my Yukon last October and the dealership keeps telling me that GM doesn’t have any of them and does not foresee having them any time in the near future. I love this alternative though! I will go back to the dealership and get my money back since I paid out-of-pocket for it and I have nothing to show for it

jorgetoro

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I think aftermarket tablets, tablet holders and connected to hotspot would be great. Fully charged tablets last a long time, can download movies from Amazon, vudu, etc for offline watching, download TV apps like xfinity stream or spectrum and download too. Also, Bluetooth headphones connect easier to these devices. I personally don't think the factory RSE package is worth the price with all the issues I have been reading.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11