Finally got my 2015 PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
M

marcello1395

Reaction score
Any updates?

I actually have some.

-Did full LEDs in the rear taillight too and with two resistors I don’t have any hyper flashing or error.
-Got a super chips flashpaq and adjusted the throttle response, did a light transmission tune, tuned out the AFM/DOD

Attachments

• 54E4DDBC-F376-4D14-9795-4A0D3F7E87C7.jpeg
    54E4DDBC-F376-4D14-9795-4A0D3F7E87C7.jpeg
    294.9 KB · Views: 12

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Im afraid to get a tuner. My truck is very quick off the line and can spin the tires. I’d love to adjust the shifting a little, but I love how quick it is. I want to get LEDs all around as well. I have LEDs for the license plate, but that’s about it.

OP
OP
M

marcello1395

Reaction score
Im afraid to get a tuner. My truck is very quick off the line and can spin the tires. I’d love to adjust the shifting a little, but I love how quick it is. I want to get LEDs all around as well. I have LEDs for the license plate, but that’s about it.
So far its definitely made the truck more enjoyable to drive. AFM being 70% of that, the adjusted throttle response 25% and the transmission tune just 5%. I think the PPV already has a great setup going on the trans even on factory configs so I made very minor adjustments to it.

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If mine didn’t take off like a rocket, I’d get one and make adjustments, but I really like the acceleration on this truck….and I’m coming from a twin turbo police explorer

OP
OP
M

marcello1395

Reaction score
So far the PPV has been great. Been having an annoying creaking from the rear spoiler but some silicone lubricant has been helping. Need to figure it out but might be my hinge. Otherwise I did my transmission fluid change and the shifts are a lot better for sure.. also did the pill flip while I was doing that to lower trans temps. So far it stays around 160f but will kick up to 170-180 with heavier usage

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just got an oil change and they suggested that I don’t change the transmission fluid. Definitely not a flush. Makes me wonder what I’d do because trans fluid won’t last forever…

OP
OP
M

marcello1395

Reaction score
I just got an oil change and they suggested that I don’t change the transmission fluid. Definitely not a flush. Makes me wonder what I’d do because trans fluid won’t last forever…
Definitely get a fluid change but not a flush! Mine was extremely dark and looked like it had never been changed. Truck has 90k now

Chickensandwich

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2nd opinion…they said don’t change the fluid. So, that’s good for me. I’m getting my center console completed and ready for install. Next job is looking into the front bumper at the driving lights and get them hooked up. Getting new LEDs pretty soon. Lots of lights since it doesn’t have a spotlight.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Why wouldn't want want to change transmission fluid? I'd drop the transmission pan and replace the filter while you're in there, then fill it back up with the appropriate fluid until full.

That's not an aggressive fluid replacement but gives you a fresh filter, cleans the pan and magnet too. An all around WIN. Do the rear differential while you're at it! No front differential or transfer case for you to worry about with your 2wd.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts