Finally got her sounding good

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Intake duration + Exaust duration, divided by 4, - LSA, x 2...calculate overĺap..The bigger overlap, the more lope..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk
I don't speak cam either. Think you can give me an idea on mine. It has a nice lope on it too.IMAG1609.jpg

Last edited:

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I son't speak cam either. Think you can guve me an idea on mine. It has a nice lope on it too.View attachment 200537
We have almost the same cam specs..close duration, thats the btr stage 3 i believe, you have a smaller lsa which overall means more overlap and your killer idle. Math doesn't lie..and to think I almost bought that cam..ugh..lol.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
We have almost the same cam specs..close duration, thats the btr stage 3 i believe, you have a smaller lsa which overall means more overlap and your killer idle. Math doesn't lie..and to think I almost bought that cam..ugh..lol.

So in your opinion, Is it a good cam? It's pretty damn quick. I also have a 3000 stall convertor, like you.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So in your opinion, Is it a good cam? It's pretty damn quick. I also have a 3000 stall convertor, like you.
Yeah it's a good cam with slightly more lift than mine. She should be a runner! I chose Vinci because of his history with ls cams and plans to put a PD blower on the engine, but bought everything else from BTR..I had it in my cart for a while lol..

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Yeah it's a good cam with slightly more lift than mine. She should be a runner! I chose Vinci because of his history with ls cams and plans to put a PD blower on the engine, but bought everything else from BTR..I had it in my cart for a while lol..

Nice. Thx. At least that mechanic gave me a good cam, he sucked otherwise. Hopefully one day I can get it supercharged. No dinero now.

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice. Thx. At least that mechanic gave me a good cam, he sucked otherwise. Hopefully one day I can get it supercharged. No dinero now.
Yeah I followed that whole mess. At least you didn't get a crumbling comp cam or something for a vette. I figure once a blower goes on it will officially become a weekend warrior because rocket mans mileage makes me ill. Still trying to find out more on tuning and doing a lsa blower. I want a GM factory hotrod without single digit mileage...

OP
OP
Maximus1

Maximus1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ve used a couple of Howard’s cam’s and I’ve been extremely happy with them

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member