finally got her lowered but need to get out the kinks

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
she was sitting at 36 front and 37 1/4 rear
DSC_0087.jpg
now she's at 33 1/4 front and 34 rear using tony's 3-5/6 kit haven't done the free travel mod yet and need to move the sway bar over in the rear just had it done over the weekend so i know she'll settle some more. as soon as i get some time i'll finish off the mods
DSC_0003.jpg
DSC_0002.jpg
i'll also need to do something about my exhaust i have the flowmaster with the dual rear exit and it's smashing the shit out of the left pipe.

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
lookin good!

2001tahoefuentes

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same problem with the exhaust so i dumped it before the axle and that fixed the muffler problem

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks really nice. Are those 24's on there?

Mike

yes sir.
i really wanted the duals out the back. and it's upsetting considering it only about five months old. but thats the hand i've been dealt.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
in rear are you using the spacer?

Also in rear be careful once you cut bracket the pass side tire will push out more when the truck comes down might rub so might rub. The spohn bar will help that. You will like the ride

Pachanga02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lookin good Edwin. What size tires are you running?
Can't wait. Have the same kit coming. Should be here next week.

OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
running 305/35. she is sitting on the spacer. i also ordered the panhard bar with the kit waiting to install that when i do the free travel mod. time is not my friend need to figure out how to add 5 more hours to the day! once i get the sway bar in the right position is that gonna allow me to drop down more?

Last edited:
OP
OP
A

a4edwin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
finally did the free travel mod dreaded the idea of the work involved but it was super easy and took about ten minutes to do both sides. didn't go crazy cleaning up the welds and with the bump stop tony gave me that tiny little lip isn't getting in the way. still rode like shit i was getting concerned now did i make a mistake going this low? my dual exhaust ran the left pipe over the panhard bar so i had zero clearance. took out the sawzall after work cut both pipes right in front of the axle. took her out for a spin and she rides ******* great! only problem is exhaust is louder and the drone sucks!

Last edited:

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stance looks great! Do whatever you need to the exhaust to get it correct, but please leave the stance alone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlbertoTahoe2011