Finally got around to installing my wheels and tires

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ProfeZZor X

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 295/55/20 was the same height as the stock tires at 33". They were slightly wider obviously but close to stock height and width.
I thought I was doing the right thing when I bought my 33" aftermarket tires, as they were slightly taller than stock. Then gravity and treadwear played a crucial trick on me. We all know that tires typically lose an inch of height after being mounted on vehicles due to the weight compression from the vehicle, so silly me didn't account for that at the time. The other factor is my 3 inch lift, and how it somewhat makes the tires look small in my much larger wheel wells (image below is pre-lift). I don't have a problem upgrading to a 35" tire, in fact, I look forward to it. The only thing is I may have to shave off a little more in the wheel wells to accommodate for larger tires... But I'm up for the challenge when the time comes - which will probably be around summer time.

4Play Size 14 (2).jpg

SlanglTex

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No lift or trimming needed. I have Air ride as well. They are the stock 33" height but slightly wider. The wheels also have a slightly different offset that allows them to sit closer to the outside of the wheel well but the entire setup is close to stock. I did actually swap tires though to a 275/60/20 BFG, not because they didn't fit, but the E load rating tire rode like $#!t.
Great looking Denali! Curious what made you change tire size when you went to BFG's? Are you happier with the slightly narrower 275/60/20's? Just got a 23 Denali with Air ride and going back and forth if a do EdgyMods Lift links or keep stock height. I have Super Cruise so worried if I do the Air Ride lift that it will mess with Super Cruise. Also was planning to do the 20x9 Fuel Rebels with 0 offset, but not sure they will be too wide/rub. Would love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Muzbomb

Reaction score
No lift or trimming needed. I have Air ride as well. They are the stock 33" height but slightly wider. The wheels also have a slightly different offset that allows them to sit closer to the outside of the wheel well but the entire setup is close to stock. I did actually swap tires though to a 275/60/20 BFG, not because they didn't fit, but the E load rating tire rode like $#!t.
Do the tires stick out pass the fenders??

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons