Finally fixed my 6.2 low oil pressure!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

2K8Lade

Reaction score
I think I finally fixed it and wanted to post this for others. I had done the pick up tube O ring before with a red O ring from Rockauto. It was good for about 15k before low oil pressure when cold came back.

This time I used the Melling kit with the green o ring. It was much beefier than the previous replacement that was pretty defeated looking already. I also made sure to clean up the pickup tube where the o ring sits.

I also pulled the useless oil pressure relief valve and pulled it with a kit from Summit. My Escalade is a 2008 so no AFM.

Hope this helps someone!

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think I finally fixed it and wanted to post this for others. I had done the pick up tube O ring before with a red O ring from Rockauto. It was good for about 15k before low oil pressure when cold came back.

This time I used the Melling kit with the green o ring. It was much beefier than the previous replacement that was pretty defeated looking already. I also made sure to clean up the pickup tube where the o ring sits.

I also pulled the useless oil pressure relief valve and pulled it with a kit from Summit. My Escalade is a 2008 so no AFM.

Hope this helps someone!
Thanks for following up. I had this exact same experience with my 2012, which is why I had to drop the pan a second time to replace the o-ring. I also replaced the pump at that time with a Melling unit that had the green thicker o-ring. No more problems.

OP
OP

2K8Lade

Reaction score
Thanks for following up. I had this exact same experience with my 2012, which is why I had to drop the pan a second time to replace the o-ring. I also replaced the pump at that time with a Melling unit that had the green thicker o-ring. No more problems.
I hope there's no more oil pressure problems. Getting to it with AWD is a job!

donjetman

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had good oil pressure but replaced my o-ring for preventative mx 4+ yrs and 45k miles ago. I used Felpro# 72401. No issues (yet). If I ever drop the pan again for something, I'll certainly replace the o-ring just because they're only new once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny