Feels like something slips, but only at part throttle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
Tom, did you check your line pressures and such with the Tech-2?
Not yet. Should I check them while driving and trying to replicate the condition (datalog) or just in general while idling?

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

04BUCKET

Reaction score
SIMILAR ISSUE IN MY 08 PPV TAHOE.

WHEN STOPPED, EVERY NOW AND THEN IT FEELS LIKE A SUDDEN JERK IN THE REAR END. AT TIMES IT DOES IT AS I LET OFF THE BRAKE PEDAL. SOUNDS LIKE DRIVESHAFT TURNED A BIT AND NOISE COMES FROM U-JOINTS, EXCEPT THOSE WERE FIRST THINGS I REPLACED ASSUMING THAT WAS ISSUE.

Jimmyy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure with your transmission but in my DD a GM but not a truck. My understanding is by shifting in to 1st at a stop a different part of the valve body is used. This stops the slip for me. Mine is in need of a pressure solenoid. Hopefully someone that knows these transmission can way in if this is the case with these.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
SIMILAR ISSUE IN MY 08 PPV TAHOE.

WHEN STOPPED, EVERY NOW AND THEN IT FEELS LIKE A SUDDEN JERK IN THE REAR END. AT TIMES IT DOES IT AS I LET OFF THE BRAKE PEDAL. SOUNDS LIKE DRIVESHAFT TURNED A BIT AND NOISE COMES FROM U-JOINTS, EXCEPT THOSE WERE FIRST THINGS I REPLACED ASSUMING THAT WAS ISSUE.

This sounds like the drive shaft slip yoke sticking. There's a "special lubricant" for it and it fixes some but we ended up replacing the yoke with the nickel plated one on my uncle's 08 Silverado because the lube would only fix it for 6 months.

sonic_the_hedgeh

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure with your transmission but in my DD a GM but not a truck. My understanding is by shifting in to 1st at a stop a different part of the valve body is used. This stops the slip for me. Mine is in need of a pressure solenoid. Hopefully someone that knows these transmission can way in if this is the case with these.
I have an 04 yukon denali and I cannot shift properly WOT. But if I let off the throttle it will shift fine. I was suggested to buy a transgo kit to fix this problem.

I went to a shop today and a tech did a test drive and said it is shifting from 1st to 3rd you don't have a second gear.

Yet he cannot confirm what is preventing the shift without rebuilding it. I have doubts as others with shifting problems have used the transgo kits and they worked.

Any ideas?

Sent from my LM-V600 using Tapatalk

OP
OP
gooffeyguy
Reaction score
I think I found my problem. I did the motor mount test today and I feel this same thud when the engine raises a couple inches on the drivers side.

So, guess new mounts are in the near future

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
44Dan