Feels like I am driving over rumble strips.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good deal and hopefully it stays that way. Thanks for reporting back and maybe it will help someone else with the same issue.

rmac-yukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Had the same rumbling issue. First advisor mentioned it was probably due to my tires and that my 16 Yukon needed an alignment. As I was due for new tires, had them installed and later returned as the rumbling issue continued. 2nd advisor concluded that an alignment was not required and that there was a TSB that they followed. For now, issue solved for me.

Notes on receipt stated;
Verified concern, found bulletin 16-NA-175 applies. Flushed fluid out of trans, flushed cooler with compressed air, topped off fluid. Test drove with scan tool, no TCC shudder at this time.

allstar319

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Also had the same issue on a 16 Denali I bought brand new. It's been doing this for a good while now, dealer only ever said it was the alignment. Eventually took it elsewhere since I got tired of dealing with that dealer. New dealer is flushing out the trans currently since they actually looked into the issue and found the TSB for it. Makes you wonder why GM dumped the 8 speed so quick for the 10 speed in these trucks. I love the truck but man, if it's not the 22's inserts clicking all the time (gone through multiple replacements, ends up clicking again after a while), it's this goofy transmission.

G00se

Full Access Member
Reaction score
TSB fluid flush and reprogram has done the trick for me so far after ~2,000 miles. Now need to address this super stiff suspension.

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
GOOse, there was an update on the MRC shocks. A Google search should bring something up related to the shocks.

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Had the same rumbling issue. First advisor mentioned it was probably due to my tires and that my 16 Yukon needed an alignment. As I was due for new tires, had them installed and later returned as the rumbling issue continued. 2nd advisor concluded that an alignment was not required and that there was a TSB that they followed. For now, issue solved for me.

Notes on receipt stated;
Verified concern, found bulletin 16-NA-175 applies. Flushed fluid out of trans, flushed cooler with compressed air, topped off fluid. Test drove with scan tool, no TCC shudder at this time.
What was the TSB that applied?

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same issue on my 2016 Denali I just bought. The dealer performed 2 software upgrades and resolved the problem. Have only put on 1500 miles since fix.

i
What software upgrade are you referring to?

dapapa

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2015 Yukon Denali with extended warranty. I had the same issue. As soon as I described it as a rumble strip vibration the dealer replaced the torque converter. Problem solved, I wish all problems were fixed this easily by GMC.
I’ve put on 2000 miles since repair and NO vibration.
Good luck

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DenaliRoyal