Feels lazy off the line… torque management?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
L

LM7Tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I do plan on giving it a tune up (plugs, wires, fuel filter, etc…). I don’t know the maintenance history, but it has all the signs of being well maintained… I looked up the stock 5.3 torque curve and it seems to fit with what I’m feeling…

Definitely doesn’t feel like plugged cats, and it’s not stumbling or breaking up at all…

I’m leery of getting it tuned and killing the 4L60e, or the G80… I’d put my money in the trans and rear end first before adding more horses to the stable…

corvette744

2004 Z-71
Reaction score
Its a 5000lb box with 285 hp its slow as hell of the line normal.Plugs,wires fuel filter nothing will change that.Unless you put more power in it or raise gear ratio significantly.

menusk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I always see it like this. My Tahoe currently has 330k miles. The dullness of the factory tune has allowed it to get this far. It’s never going to be a race car. But it will be reliable. Not something I would mess with.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It has 3.73’s. Relatively recent purchase, I haven’t put a lot of miles on it yet, but the performance has been the same as long as I’ve had it. It does have just over 200,000 on the odometer…
Lazy off the line is subjective. Measure it, do some 0-60 runs on an on-ramp with an app on your phone. At 200K, you may have a smooth running engine with worn cam lobes.

OP
OP
L

LM7Tahoe01

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Actually measuring 0-60 times is a great idea! I’ll give it a shot when I get a chance…

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu