Feedback | Doing business with Blackbear performance

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Young28

The Yukon God
Reaction score
BPP needs to calm down about BBP

:lol:

---------- Post added at 12:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:36 PM ----------

Agree on the name calling. If you feel someone is a butthole, simply move on, rather than stating it.

But but i wanna..maybe we should call him directly to tell him that?

Blumax

Reaction score
For those considering a Blackbear tune, I thought I would provide my experience in dealing with this company.

First and foremost, this company WILL NOT TAKE OR RETURN YOUR PHONE CALLS, nor will they provide much/any detail about what they actually do. I left 3 voicemails asking for a call back and NONE WERE EVER RETURNED! Hey Blackbear - why take messages or even have a phone number if you have no plans to take or return calls? Blackbear's excuse for not taking my call is that they have no cell service at their location... :rolleyes: Please, get a goddamn phone and attempt to be a legit business. :rolleyes: I find this to be particularly disturbing and atrocious from a customer service perspective. Instead of spending 5 minutes on the phone, you as a customer will be involved in a series of back/forth email conversations which contain limited information and seem hurried. If Blackbear wants to turn their customers away, this is a fantastic way to do it. The funny thing about it is that they seem to boast about their customer service. :rolleyes:

I went with the cable tune. This is a waste of $ in my opinion for a stock truck, although I can see value in a modified vehicle. I feel that I would have had the exact same tune if I had gone with the "traditional" and it would have been cheaper. No information about the data collected in the scan tune was provided to me, even after I asked. I had read that some problems with the vehicle can be identified during the cable tune and was curious about the findings...

As to the tune itself, it did wake the truck up a little bit but I'm still unsure if this is worth it. I asked Blackbear what they actually did with the tune (what was modified) and they said "a bunch of stuff" in the hurried email I received... Aside from shift points, I couldnt tell ya what they did, they leave these details a mystery to their customers. If you want to know what they are actually doing to the truck/tune, GOOD LUCK you wont find out.

All in all, I'd look hard at their competitors if I could do this over again. - I wish I would have. Customer service is important to me and THANK GOD I didnt have a problem. If I would have I would have been out to sea without a paddle. I'll be spreading the word about this as much as I can, I really wish I would have read feedback like this prior to plopping down several $100 dollars.

I'll say that all-in-all the tune was worth it, but I like to speak with folks that do things like this to my vehicles. I have worked with a very well known quadrajet builder in the past, Cliff Ruggles (http://www.cliffshighperformance.com/). Despite the fact that he has almost a year wait for his carb tuning/rebuilds and an extreme workload, he always takes the time to TALK with his customers, understand their needs, and deliver what is being asked for. I have sent him TONS of business over the years as a result. I'd have a hard time giving the same recommendation to blackbear.
Forget it Dan and just move on. There will be clowns crawling out of the woodwork to defend BB. I had a horrible experience with them myself and got the same treatment you're getting. The one complaint among others that seemed to be consistent is the inability to contact anyone for help or support. I don't think that you were commenting on their actual service I'm sure they provide a quality service but more their lack of customer service. Believe me Dan when I tell you that I have been through it with these people. I returned a scanner to them then they attempted to tell Pay Pal that they didn't receive it. I was smart enough to request a signature on receipt of return so all they did was waste their time. I contacted PCM and was immediately aware of how they took care of their customers. I ended up visiting for a tune and have been very happy with the results. And Dan......I can call them anytime and talk to someone who can provide me with answers.

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Forget it Dan and just move on. There will be clowns crawling out of the woodwork to defend BB. I had a horrible experience with them myself and got the same treatment you're getting. The one complaint among others that seemed to be consistent is the inability to contact anyone for help or support. I don't think that you were commenting on their actual service I'm sure they provide a quality service but more their lack of customer service. Believe me Dan when I tell you that I have been through it with these people. I returned a scanner to them then they attempted to tell Pay Pal that they didn't receive it. I was smart enough to request a signature on receipt of return so all they did was waste their time. I contacted PCM and was immediately aware of how they took care of their customers. I ended up visiting for a tune and have been very happy with the results. And Dan......I can call them anytime and talk to someone who can provide me with answers.

Wow, good post dig Don! I can see that you know how to use the search function on this site well enough to try to stir the pot up with your banter :roflbow:.

To clairify your false claims, PayPal was never told the V2 was not received. As a matter of fact, the PayPal claim was voted for in our favor, after a careful review of emails, and colorful commentary you provided to your credit card company. All in all, we just wanted the V2 back, so we could return your deposit- but you chose to drag on, through multiple forums, creating quite a reputation for yourself in the process.

I digress-once the V2 was received by us (after a lengthy period of time), we let PayPal know, so neither they, nor your credit card company would be out money. I am glad you were able to get in touch with your PCM for a tune, it is under your hood on the driver's side after all.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sounds like this issue is resolved

We will leave it at that and say goodbye...

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
22loweryak

Latest posts