Fast idle

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
double check the iac you cleaned and see if it has any grime around the edges where it moves and make sure it is mounted properly

OP
OP
R

rchurch5945

Reaction score
First, I apologize for the multiple posts - my computer was running slow and I didn't think it was posting my last post.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I took the new IAC off and re-installed the old one. The Idle is back down to 1,300 -1,500 rpm. I cleaned it before re-installing it. So, I am back to where I started. I'm thinking it is the vacuum leak, so I took a picture of the engine. One red arrow points to the piece on the manifold that the vacuum hose is attached to (which is on the driver's side of the engine) and the other red arrow points to the vacuum hose. The hose runs directly behind the throttle body towards the passenger side of the engine. Any ideas where the hose should be connected to? The open end is behind the throttle body and there is no other piece of hose and I cannot find anywhere it might connect to. Thanks!

upload_2019-4-25_10-25-45.png

upload_2019-4-25_10-21-59.png

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
20190425_123055.jpg
this is where the small hose is connected on my 97.
20190425_123139.jpg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
hope that helps some if you need anymore reference pictures hit me up and ill try to remember to post something for you. im pretty bad with remembering to post replys if i dont see an alert notification so pm or tag me. aside from my main ac lines everything is still hooked up on my truck dirty but hooked up.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
First, I apologize for the multiple posts - my computer was running slow and I didn't think it was posting my last post.

Thanks for everyone's replies. I took the new IAC off and re-installed the old one. The Idle is back down to 1,300 -1,500 rpm. I cleaned it before re-installing it. So, I am back to where I started. I'm thinking it is the vacuum leak, so I took a picture of the engine. One red arrow points to the piece on the manifold that the vacuum hose is attached to (which is on the driver's side of the engine) and the other red arrow points to the vacuum hose. The hose runs directly behind the throttle body towards the passenger side of the engine. Any ideas where the hose should be connected to? The open end is behind the throttle body and there is no other piece of hose and I cannot find anywhere it might connect to. Thanks!

View attachment 221714

View attachment 221713

Did you disconnect the throttle cable to rule out an issue there?

If you have a scanner, see what the throttle position sensor is reporting at idle.

The hard tube goes to the water valve solenoid on the passenger firewall. It’s above the heater hoses. The line from the PCV fitting connects at top and there is a second line that goes to the water valve on the heater hoses.

The line to the PCV is in red, the line to water valve is marked in yellow below:

b72b90db2b8a97eae1321e8f58ab67d5.jpg

When the a/c panel is set to the “max” cold detent, the solenoid energizes and vacuum is applied to the water valve. This closes off coolant flow to the heater core to maximize a/c performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ylwdogs