Fan running excessively

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ItstheHOFF

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today my wife complained that the Suburban is a lot louder than usual. When she got home it was still loud, it seems the coolant fan is on some sort of overdrive and won’t quit. The oil temp was very low. Even when she turned it off, the fan still ran. What could have caused this? Has this happened to anyone else? It’s the 5.3 btw

malones99

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Worked for me... Remember to disconnect the battery or clear the code. Should be good after you replace the sensor. Took maybe 5 minutes to replace with minimal coolant loss.

84wildcard

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've been working on this problem on my wife's 2016 Tahoe. I replaced the sensor and the problem came back some time after. I've been resetting the computer by pulling the positive battery terminal and holding the key to start for 15 to 20 seconds to fix this problem. This is clearly a bandaid as the problem comes back after a week. If anyone has a schematic of the cooling system on this vehicle it would help alot.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
navyboy14094