Famous Clunk

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tazio

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Probably a bad caliper or maybe a collapsed brake hose. Could also be the mechanic twisted the hose when replacing the caliper or damaged it by letting the weight of the caliper hang on the hose without any support.

Charlie207

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No there is a problem. Drove the truck to work this morning as I was going to drop off at alignment shop and I noticed a heavy burning smell from the front driver side wheel and also the rim was extremely hot. All other rims were nice and cool and no funky smell. Is this possibly a bad new wheel bearing or am I now having brake issues?

Probably too late to help out, but this is exactly what happened to my Yukon not too long ago. The caliper pistons weren't retracting, and causing the pads to rub. It was a stinky/smokey mess.

A new caliper swapped in fixed the issue. Make sure you bleed the brakes to get rid of that boiled fluid. Mine was disgusting, and you could feel how bad the fluid had quickly deteriorated. The brake pedal was super mushy, and would travel 3-4" further then it does after bleeding all four corners with fresh fluid.

I bought a Motive pressure bleeder from ScAmazon, and it worked amazingly well... bleeding brakes is a one-man/one-beer job now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
willie110hh