Failed inspection today

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ccole

Reaction score
I'll try driving it around without the range device in, we'll see if that helps. It was failing on 4 monitors but as soon as I unplugged it I only failed for 3.

I'm in Tx but I don't know how many I'm allowed to fail here. Thanks guys
Down here in Texas we're an emissions free state. Inspections stations don't connect sensors to our vehicles. Freedom!!!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Drive for a week without the Range device. You need a certain amount of stop/starts/drive cycles and at least 50 miles I believe. I got through this crap every year up here. It's BULLSH*IT.

Just Fishing

Full Access Member
Reaction score
for the O2 sensor ready thing, you need to drive it when it's within a certain temperature range.
Iirc 78 degrees was the magic number last time this fkd me in the rear.

Middle of the summer, so in order to get within the range I had to get up early and do a full warmup and highway speed cycle in order to get it to flip to "Ready"

I'm not sure what the fuel system is?

Here I believe we can have a single not ready, pretty much reserved for the evaporative crap since it takes a very long time for that to go into a "Ready" status.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah I agree we got off track with the terminology. But monitors that aren’t set would be a fail in the eyes of the inspector if I’m not mistaken

But no need for diagnostics, just need to complete drive cycle
Yes I recently failed because my sensors werent ready. They typically tell you to drive around and come back 1 time for another test at no additional charge.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC