Factory stereo/speaker issue....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KenpoFish

Reaction score
Haven't had the chance to start tearing into to it yet due to surgery recovery but I wanted some advice where to kind of start looking for when I do. Have factory non-Bose system and only speakers that work are the tweeters. They were like this when I got the Yukon. Any advise will be greatly appreciated.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I would just pull one of the door panels off, then test the speaker if the speaker works when you test it then you may have a bad radio/amp, if the speaker doesn't work then you may have 4 blown speakers, I mean it could be as simple as that but could be something else of course, have you checked all the radio fuses? anyway that's where I would start.

dojrs

Reaction score
I would just pull one of the door panels off, then test the speaker if the speaker works when you test it then you may have a bad radio/amp, if the speaker doesn't work then you may have 4 blown speakers, I mean it could be as simple as that but could be something else of course, have you checked all the radio fuses? anyway that's where I would start.

question: I havent gone looking yet but where are the fuse(s) for the radio and amplifier? i have an '05 tahoe w/ bose and the subwoofer is inside the center console. i have physically seen it there but the amount of base is very minimal imo. I honestly dont think the sub has any output at all. thanks for any help.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
question: I havent gone looking yet but where are the fuse(s) for the radio and amplifier? i have an '05 tahoe w/ bose and the subwoofer is inside the center console. i have physically seen it there but the amount of base is very minimal imo. I honestly dont think the sub has any output at all. thanks for any help.
it should be in the fuse box or in the smaller fuse box on the left side of the dash, it is pretty common for these subwoofer speakers to be blown/shot/rotted out so there's that as well

dojrs

Reaction score
it should be in the fuse box or in the smaller fuse box on the left side of the dash, it is pretty common for these subwoofer speakers to be blown/shot/rotted out so there's that as well

It didnt look dry rotted hoping it's just a blown fuse that can be replaced. im pretty sure that's wishful thinking though. thanks for your help.
has anyone ever replaced the factory sub there with an aftermarket? is it worth the effort? just getting to the thing is a PITA having to remove both front seats and the console.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It didnt look dry rotted hoping it's just a blown fuse that can be replaced. im pretty sure that's wishful thinking though. thanks for your help.
has anyone ever replaced the factory sub there with an aftermarket? is it worth the effort? just getting to the thing is a PITA having to remove both front seats and the console.
I replaced my center console without taking out the seats but maybe yours is different? and yes the factory sub has been replaced before there are not a lot of alternatives but it can be done

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ron505