Factory Head, Audio Frog, Helix and JL Audio

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BoosTTed C6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am a SQ guy and former IASCA competitor and judge.

I have gathered up all of the equipment for my build - the NAV650 switch so I can use the factory head with high quality RCA outputs, Helix 10 channel processor (time alignment/eq/phase, etc) with built in 8 channel amplifier, Helix Sub amplifier, Audio Frog GS series components in all stock locations, JL Stealthbox in a 2018 Tahoe Premier that has been lowered, dechromed, tinted and supercharged.

The questions I have:
Who has used the JL Stealthbox and what are your feelings?

If you used it, how much power did you use and which amplifier?

I am thinking of running the stealthbox and another sub (maybe a replacement of the stock woofer in the rear location) or something else that I can turn on and off for those times where I want "extra" low end. What have you guys done for custom enclosures?

Has anyone kept the factory head and used what I am using to RCA outs? What was your experience?

I have yet to take apart the back end of the truck? Where is the dead/extra space for a buried sub if I choose to go that route?

I have to admit that I have not spent a lot of time examining the truck and am hoping that someone that has been there, done that, can provide some insight so that the only wheel spinning I do has to do with the tires...……..

Thanks in advance.

L's Truck

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm using my stock headunit with an audiocontrol lc2i tapped off the stock amp. I have a 12" laid flat behind the third row. There's a nice amount of room back there for a custom enclosure which I'll do with my JL 13.5 " at some point.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mldawson11