Factory Console Mounted Shop Vac?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Forgot about this thread, My apologies. I had some minor set backs when Installing the Vacuum but finally got it up and working a few days ago, After I installed it and was on the final step of connecting the wiring harness to the vacuum assembly I realized I accidentally broke the Park Enable connecter when I ran the wiring harness from the engine bay into the cab, I ended up just splicing it into a butt connector.

It's Literally one of the best mods I'v done so far. I detailed the vehicle this morning and it felt revolutionary not having to lug around a full size shop vac with an extension cord.

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's Literally one of the best mods I'v done so far. I detailed the vehicle this morning and it felt revolutionary not having to lug around a full size shop vac with an extension cord.

That's awesome it is working well! About how big is the container/bag? I was debating one of those battery portable shop vacs (Milwaukee just came out with a new one that looks legit...but I have Makita 18v batteries so I'd likely go w/Makita's)

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
That's awesome it is working well! About how big is the container/bag? I was debating one of those battery portable shop vacs (Milwaukee just came out with a new one that looks legit...but I have Makita 18v batteries so I'd likely go w/Makita's)
The container actually holds a decent amount, obviously not as much as a full size or portable but big enough not to worry about it anytime soon.

I feel you on that one, there's allot of Makita tools I would like to have but I'm already invested into Milwaukees M18/M12 Battery platform.

GM_fan97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
The container actually holds a decent amount, obviously not as much as a full size or portable but big enough not to worry about it anytime soon.

I feel you on that one, there's allot of Makita tools I would like to have but I'm already invested into Milwaukees M18/M12 Battery platform.

Nice, and the hose retracts/stores within the unit? Last question - any loss of center console space?

The battery platforms lock you in - they do make plastic adapters to go from one brand to another. It's basically a piece of plastic w/the connectors on the top to match the tool brand and the bottom part is the fitting for the battery brand you have. Can't jump between 12v and 18v but apparently there aren't any issues mixing 18v and 20v Dewalt tools/batteries. The only downside is the adapters add height which doesn't work when the battery slides into a compartment (eg Milwaukee packout radio box + the Milwaukee portable vac)

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Nice, and the hose retracts/stores within the unit? Last question - any loss of center console space?

The battery platforms lock you in - they do make plastic adapters to go from one brand to another. It's basically a piece of plastic w/the connectors on the top to match the tool brand and the bottom part is the fitting for the battery brand you have. Can't jump between 12v and 18v but apparently there aren't any issues mixing 18v and 20v Dewalt tools/batteries. The only downside is the adapters add height which doesn't work when the battery slides into a compartment (eg Milwaukee packout radio box + the Milwaukee portable vac)
Yup everything is neatly tucked away inside the center console, I can take some pics tomorrow.

The whole vacuum assembly sits inside the center console, so it takes up most of the storage space, but shop vac includes an organizer in the kit that sits on top of the vacuum and it's big enough to keep whatever you want in it.

I'v seen those, they seem like a good solution for cross compatibility but at the same time kinda gimmicky. Maybe one day I'll just bite the bullet and get both platforms.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yup everything is neatly tucked away inside the center console, I can take some pics tomorrow.

The whole vacuum assembly sits inside the center console, so it takes up most of the storage space, but shop vac includes an organizer in the kit that sits on top of the vacuum and it's big enough to keep whatever you want in it.

I'v seen those, they seem like a good solution for cross compatibility but at the same time kinda gimmicky. Maybe one day I'll just bite the bullet and get both platforms.
Did you happen to take any pictures.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Did you happen to take any pictures.

Yeah my bad.

Here's the new Console organizer that's included with the kit. Doesn't come with the coin holder, I just took it out of my old organizer and threw it in there.
zhmPLgp.jpg
Here's the actual unit.
j65E6Rd.jpg
Everything Neatly tucked away.
eel6VVk.jpg
How she looks on the inside.
yAtLkHW.jpg

The Hose is the perfect length, I can vacuum from front to back no problem. I forgot to take a pic but it comes with a whole little bag of end attachments, I just keep the one with the brushes on it attached.

Overall I'm happy with it, no complaints so far. If you guys have any questions or want some more pictures let me know.

OP
OP
nglauer

nglauer

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah my bad.

Here's the new Console organizer that's included with the kit. Doesn't come with the coin holder, I just took it out of my old organizer and threw it in there.
zhmPLgp.jpg
Here's the actual unit.
j65E6Rd.jpg
Everything Neatly tucked away.
eel6VVk.jpg
How she looks on the inside.
yAtLkHW.jpg

The Hose is the perfect length, I can vacuum from front to back no problem. I forgot to take a pic but it comes with a whole little bag of end attachments, I just keep the one with the brushes on it attached.

Overall I'm happy with it, no complaints so far. If you guys have any questions or want some more pictures let me know.
Okay, I know some people may think it cost to much for what it is... but that is a pretty awesome addition. To have it stored in vehicle and ready to go 24/7 as needed, especially if you have kids (I have a 4, 12 & 14 yr old.. Equally messy). That would be handy.

I also track mud into my Tahoe constantly because it spends 99% of its time on mud roads for work. Can this pick up wet stuff? Does it have a filter or bag? How strong is the suction? I may need one of these. I keep looking at different options to help keep mine cleaner inside, including swapping my Z71 fitted mats for the newer full coverage (weathertech style mats).

My Tahoe is a 2015... curious if it'll fit and what modifications it'll need. I would like to keep enough room inside my console to mount my Kenwood radio/mic and Feniex Siren controller/mic so that might limit me from doing this.

Thanks!

BlackYukon

I'm kind of a Retard
Reaction score
Okay, I know some people may think it cost to much for what it is... but that is a pretty awesome addition. To have it stored in vehicle and ready to go 24/7 as needed, especially if you have kids (I have a 4, 12 & 14 yr old.. Equally messy). That would be handy.

I also track mud into my Tahoe constantly because it spends 99% of its time on mud roads for work. Can this pick up wet stuff? Does it have a filter or bag? How strong is the suction? I may need one of these. I keep looking at different options to help keep mine cleaner inside, including swapping my Z71 fitted mats for the newer full coverage (weathertech style mats).

My Tahoe is a 2015... curious if it'll fit and what modifications it'll need. I would like to keep enough room inside my console to mount my Kenwood radio/mic and Feniex Siren controller/mic so that might limit me from doing this.

Thanks!

Yeah I thought it was pretty awesome myself. You would probably benefit from it more than me with the kids, Vehicles and small kids are a recipe for a mess. Only thing I chauffeur is my dog and the vacuum takes care of that pretty easily.

Negative, unfortunately Just dry stuff. It comes with interchangeable filter bags.
cVHChhG.jpg
It actually has pretty good Suction, obviously not as much as a normal full size vacuum, but enough to pick up whatever mess you have. I do lawn care on the side so I'm constantly bringing in dirt and grass and it picks up that stuff easily.

Yeah It's almost impossible to keep the interior clean when you work in a really dirty/muddy environment, I try to kick the dirt off my shoes before I get in but that only helps a little.

It should fit fine, mine is a 2016.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Harry26