1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Factory Console Mounted Shop Vac?

Discussion in 'Interior' started by nglauer, Oct 20, 2020.

1. wu6fiend

wu6fiend Member

Name:
    Patrick
    If it is indeed plug and play for 2015-2017 models, then I'm in! I've never used the rear cupholders, and would happily sacrifice them to add a vacuum to the Yukon. Very interested in following up on this, hopefully BlackYukon will post some in-process install pics, and pass along info about this option.

BlackYukon likes this.
  2. cmatt

cmatt Full Access Member

Name:
    Matt
    I don’t see anything in the schematics about additional wiring. If pics are shared of the electrical connections and any instructions, we’ll know what’s needed. If any factory wiring is needed, I can look into building a custom harness.

It may be like the GM Accessories add on subwoofer. It has you run a dedicated power wire in addition to the wires that tap into the audio signal.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BlackYukon likes this.
  3. iamdub

iamdub Full Access Member

Name:
    Chris
    I'm gonna say what a few of y'all are already thinking: If I were gonna drop $300 on a tiny 12V vacuum cleaner, it's getting silicone lips on the end of it.

[​IMG]

Danny3737, nglauer and BlackYukon like this.
  4. BlackYukon

BlackYukon I'm kind of a Retard

Name:
    N/A
    That's the only thing I'm not sure about is the wiring. There's not very much info on these online so I'm not sure if everything is plug and play or If I'll have to splice into a power source..

nglauer likes this.
  5. BlackYukon

Name:
    N/A
    Don't kink shame me lol. But seriously for how much these cost you can get multiple really nice shop vac's, so this is more of a want item than a need.

sealandsky, nglauer and iamdub like this.
  6. BlackYukon

Name:
    N/A
    I Ordered the Shop vac kit last night so maybe it'll be here in a timely manner. I took the console apart today just to get a feel for everything and I'm still not sure if it'll be PnP or not.. I guess I'll find out soon.

7. Rockcrawler11

Rockcrawler11 TYF Newbie

Name:
    Alex

I look forward to the installation pictures. I showed my wife this for our 2019 suburban and she absolutely wants it for light duty cleaning like after going to the beach.

BlackYukon likes this.
  8. Tk59194

Tk59194 Full Access Member

Name:
    Travis
    Been looking at this for a while for wife's suburban. Anxious to see the follow up.

BlackYukon likes this.
  9. BlackYukon

Name:
    N/A
    Just an update, got it in yesterday. Probably won't be able to install it until Monday since I'm going out of town for the holiday. But I can confirm it is Plug and Play, it comes with almost everything needed, including a wiring harness. It also comes with a VERY in depth install guide so I might just scan that into a pdf file instead of doing my own writeup.

I will also note this won't be a very easy install like I was expecting, I can tell this is more of a dealer install item instead of a diy thing. That's probably why there's not allot of info on these.

cmatt likes this.
  10. wu6fiend

wu6fiend Member

Name:
    Patrick
    Really looking forward to seeing your progress/installation of this!