Fabtech 3 inch lift to fit 35s is here

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I’ve been checking their website every week or so and they finally have a 3 inch kit to stuff 35s under. I believe this is what my wife’s Yukon xl at4 will have soon.

OP
OP
C

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There was another option on their. I just clicked this particular one. Not sure if it will or not but I know atleast ours doesn’t have it.

VAguy68

Reaction score
I've been waiting on this too. The Tahoe they have pictured is the same color as my Z71 and I really like the look. I sent them an email to find out what size and brand wheels are pictured as well as tire size. In the info, they note that with 33" tires there will need to be "minor trimming" and with 35" tires... "cutting". I'm trying to get clarification on that.

VAguy68

Reaction score
Fabtech got right back to me. I guess I'm going to have to wait to see if I can get more info on the set up I'm looking at in the pic. I don't want to be a guinea pig. I'm disappointed that they would post those pics without knowing the specifics of that customer vehicle. That's the exact set up and stance that I want but I can't even tell if those are 33's or 35's. This was their response:

"The customer supplied the wheels and tires, so we are unsure of the specs but here are the sizes that we have approved:

TIRES & WHEELS

Tire Size – 33/12.50R18 Wheel Size – 18×9 w/ 5" BS w/minor trimming

Tire Size – 33/12.50R20 Wheel Size – 20×9 w/ 5" BS w/minor trimming

Tire Size – 35/12.50R18 Wheel Size – 18×9 w/ 5" BS w/cutting

Tire Size – 35/12.50R20 Wheel Size – 20×9 w/ 5" BS w/cutting

With 35’s you will have to cut portions of the front bumper and possible rear lower part of the fender. Every wheel and tire package is different so we do not have an exact answer for the location that will need to be cut."

TexasTZ71

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
After zooming in on the side shots there’s now way I’m getting this. I mean fitting 35’s right but man the bumper looks lame with that squiggle cut they did to fit it. I’m gonna have to say the RC is still the winner.

OP
OP
C

Ckarr

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Fabtech got right back to me. I guess I'm going to have to wait to see if I can get more info on the set up I'm looking at in the pic. I don't want to be a guinea pig. I'm disappointed that they would post those pics without knowing the specifics of that customer vehicle. That's the exact set up and stance that I want but I can't even tell if those are 33's or 35's. This was their response:

"The customer supplied the wheels and tires, so we are unsure of the specs but here are the sizes that we have approved:

TIRES & WHEELS

With 35’s you will have to cut portions of the front bumper and possible rear lower part of the fender. Every wheel and tire package is different so we do not have an exact answer for the location that will need to be cut."
That’s disappointing

vcode

Full Access Member
Reaction score

TIRES & WHEELS

I have to imagine that will void any warranty work if there are any problems....

Oh Kee Pah

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone clicked on the "Uniball UCA's" for 35's on the FabTech website?
There are 2 separate coil-over/UCA options that replace all 4 corners with new Dirt Logic shocks and coils as well as the UCAs.

Bottom of their pages states that the FabTech UCA lifts:
166. Will not fit models with factory magneride shocks.
232. Will not fit models equipped with adaptive air ride suspension.
(Suspension delete module is/would be needed for models equipped with these options - not sure if that exists for the 2021 models yet)

Information pertaining to trimming/cutting can usually be found in the install manual. However, I have been unable to download any instructions from the FabTech website. I was able to read about the Dirt Logic coil-over install, but no product options chosen would allow me to open the specific instructions for the FabTech components.
Also, they have 12.5" wide tires listed on all options. Running less width on the tire MAY allow for less trimming. Also, dropping from the 35" suggested tire size to a 34" would also provide more clearance and less cutting/trimming.

Unfortunately, SOMEONE out there needs to be a guinea pig.
Recently posted up on the TYForum's "Spotters Thread" was a lifted 2021 Tahoe rolling down the interstate. It has been done.

This is the remote reservoir option: IF you read the fine print instructions, you'll see that FabTech is drilling open a larger hole in the upper strut mount to accommodate the Dirt Logic coil-overs.
210-p0962_3inchperformancelevelingkit_1.jpg

A few notes on Rough Country's 3" option for 2021 Chevy's, directly from the RC website:
  • Minor trimming is required.
  • Does NOT fit models with Air Ride Adaptive Suspension.
  • Does NOT fit GMC models.
  • Does NOT fit Z71 models.
  • 20in or larger wheels are required.
  • If vehicle is equipped with a mass damper on the front differential, the damper must be removed.

Safe Travels!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mbr1287