Extended Warranty.....Yay or Nay?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i saved my money 2k banked for repairs in the last year i only spent $489 on a couple of sensors and brake job in 14,143 miles..

Don't you have a GMT900? Those are far better trucks (in my opinion) and much cheaper to own. I would say pass on the warranty for a 900 but not for a K2XX. Maybe pass if it’s a strippie base model but heck that electric steering gear alone will set you back $2k if it fails.

mlgreen

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I just picked up a 2019 Yukon SLT. It was a GM corporate car from Michigan. It has 22,980 mile on it. The car fax was good, it had all the service done at a dealership in MI, oil change rotate etc...

So I am contemplating an extended warranty. I can get a 5 year 60,000 mile for $1745. That would take me to 62,980 miles. I am not sure if it is a good deal or not. They say that extended warranties are the biggest wast of money.....until you need them. With all the computers and modules on this truck if anything goes out it could be costly.

So do any of you have an extended warranty? Has it paid for itself? I know that the power train is up to 60,000 miles that would cover anything engine or trans, but what about everything else.

Just wondering what your thought are.

Thanks,
I'm an advocate of extended warranties on newer cars with all the electronics and things that can go wrong. However, $1745 seems pricey an extra 40k miles of coverage. I'd want something that covered to at least 100k miles personally.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
That is why I call them an "instead of warranty". If you just have to have an extended warranty, do it after the manufacturer bumper to bumper warranty runs out.

RobH

Reaction score
OBS old body style 92-99/00
NBS new body style 00/01-06
NNBS new new body style 07-14
K2xx current models 15-20
UGLY 2021 body styles 21+

OK. It makes sense. Thank you. I passed on a 2015 Yukon XL Denali and then found my 2016 Tahoe LT with NHT. Right size with less bells and whistles and no big hole in the roof. Better gas mileage on regular instead of premium. Like PNW VietVet said on the first page. America means that we each get to choose what floats our boat, even if it's an LST in the Delta.

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I bought a new leftover 19 LS custom midnight, so not all the fancy electronics (just radio and LKA) but I paid for a 5 year 125k mile bumper to bumper for $1300. I drive a lot and wanted the extra miles.

1300 hundred bucks for that warranty was a excellent price IMHO.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Newbie here wanting to place order for Yukon Diesel Denali when that order book opens up.
Ext warranty questions that I so far do not understand. Is there another GM backed warranty that you can buy that will extend coverage past the one I see on the website that will get you to 5/60? I'm wanting to buy something like 6/100 or the like....

Also can you buy these warranties from "Other" GMC dealers, even out of state, that will sell them at much more competitive prices than the finance office of your purchasing dealer?

I own a Diesel Grand Cherokee and most of the Emissions stuff went to heck between 65-100K. My extended Mopar warranty paid back in spades. And if I go Diesel on this Denali I want it to be covered. I know how expensive diesel related parts get, and when injectors, turbo's and DPF's go bad the money piles up quick !

Thank you

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
03tahoejunk