Extend my warranty past 36,000 or Not??

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

LT1ZOB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I’ll be in the same boat soon, based on miles. Thanks for the responses. GMEPP is what I’m leaning towards

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Appreciate all the replies, I am going to give my Tahoe a real close re-inspection this weekend and see if there's anything left for dealer to handle before I hit 36001 miles, it's 4wd (which was just a lucky break, I honestly test drove it and didn't notice the 4wd switch on the dash until I was waiting for my bank rep to show up at the lot to sign everything - sounds crazy, but true) So the 4wd I used a little today, just switching back and forth to test it, not much to test it on in the city in Florida lol. Going to go to a local beach/boat launch and see how it does in fine sand, 4wd doesn't like u-turning on dry pavement, but neither did my F250 back when I lived in Michigan.

I bought the Tahoe LT with 31,500 on it, pretty optioned out with leather, etc, I didn't want a sunroof or any power folding seats/running boards/etc, as my main "wants" were leather, memory driver seat, Bose system, and A LOT of legroom for my height. No kids, so third row will probably be folded down permenantly.

Only put 3000 miles on it since March 2018, no problems except the AC got warm on me about a month after purchase, dealer fixed no charge, and now just have the washer fluid nozzle on passenger side barely working.

I still have 1600 miles/12 months to decide if I want to extend or not, being an LT trim level I don't think it has Mag shocks, anyone know the website to run my VIN to get the build sheet???

Also - what would you do to test the 4wd besides running it through some sandy areas? All sounded fine switching back and forth today , no clunks or noises, just normal "drag" from the transfer case, noticiable but nothing weird.

Thanks!

Stresst

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With GM's I say absolutely! You can beat them down on the price, they are marked up quite a bit! See what they have to offer and shop around. Just make sure to read the fine print.....

OP
OP
TahoeFL2017

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
With GM's I say absolutely! You can beat them down on the price, they are marked up quite a bit! See what they have to offer and shop around. Just make sure to read the fine print.....

Still on the fence whether I am going to just stick with my 5yr/60k powertrain warranty or buy the factory warranty extended protection, I essentially bought the Tahoe LT because I am 6ft8, and needed some room for misc tools in the back, as my real estate business requires me to always have basic tools on hand. But I tow nothing, won't be 4wd'ing really ever, so I think light duty use is all this truck will ever see.

Nice to have all the towing capacity, and 4wd, but unless there is a hurricane or Zombie apocalypse, the truck is just my rolling office/luxury cruiser. Plus I tend to take care of my vehicles, I had 18 months in a Charger R/T Hemi, with flowmasters, cold air intake, tune, and got all that
fun out of the way for my pre-planned mid-life crisis lol, now I am just that 50 year-old guy in the shiny white Tahoe.

So if they build them for severe duty/towing/4wd, I can't see where I will be pushing any limits.

SEASIDE CHARGER PIC.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts