Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The Ford guys are constantly whining about their 10 speeds. It’s all in the programming.

Not sure I’ve seen the first complaint about the 10 speed in a GM, very minimal if any.

Who knows how they program and calculate the shift points, the 10 speed in my Denali is seemless in shift points and duration.

I have owned a few ZF8sp and to this day it is the best transmission I have ever driven, in fact, my DD is a Ram.

The 10sp in our Yukon is pretty darn good and I have no complaints, but the ZF still has better programming and shift quality.

Where the ZF really shines, downshifting! It is so instant, never have I seen a trans perform like that. The GM 10sp is a bit lazy in downshifting, but much better than the 2016 GMC 8sp I had(goodness that was the worst trans)

It’s definitely better than the 6 speed I had on my 2012 avalanche and 2015 Tahoe.

If it's just a programming/tuning issue, then it should be relatively easy to fix/improve.

It should be able to be perfected (based on hardware limitations) within 1-2 years.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT