Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2023 Toyota Sequoia build configurator is up:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
have any of you posting on here this one versus that one actually gone and test drove a gm suv say on the highway and then driven a ford suv on the highway?
if you haven't, the difference is significant especially if you had to avoid a unexpected obstacle on the road it's almost frightening.
Maybe things have changed very recently but every ford suv I have driven handles like a boat on the highway (comparatively), given I am very spirited driver so the normal driver may not feel that experience. just food for thought. I have not driven the new jeep but from the reviews I have read & watched it does not handle well either.
so from your standpoint on handling how do they stack up? :popcorn:

CodyWy

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
2023 Toyota Sequoia build configurator is up:

My two previous SUVs were Sequoia's. I was excited about the 2023 version and had even got on the order list this spring with local dealer...until I saw a video of the rear cargo -3rd row. It doesn't fold flat - second row just as bad (they had to put the battery and electric motor somewhere...). Toyota has turned it into nothing more than a glorified mini-van. Very disappointed. Needless to say ordered a Z71 in April which is in-transit to my dealer.

StephenPT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My two previous SUVs were Sequoia's. I was excited about the 2023 version and had even got on the order list this spring with local dealer...until I saw a video of the rear cargo -3rd row. It doesn't fold flat - second row just as bad (they had to put the battery and electric motor somewhere...). Toyota has turned it into nothing more than a glorified mini-van. Very disappointed. Needless to say ordered a Z71 in April which is in-transit to my dealer.
Our journey of finding a bigger family SUV started with the Sequoia. I looked at all the full-size SUVs at the PDX auto show and at that time (2020) the Sequoia was without question the most comfortable interior for adults. Tons of 2nd row room leg and if you slide the 2nd row a bit forward, the third row easily fit full size adults - your knees weren't up in your chest like they were on the 2020 Tahoe/Suburban.

What kept us from buying a Sequoia back then was the minimal cargo volume behind the 3rd row compared to our current rig (Honda Pilot). Hearing that a Sequoia redesign was in the works we kept an eye out for it hoping they would stretch it to add some more cargo room along with a more efficient powertrain. I was floored when I saw how they took the best full-size interior for adults in all 3 rows and made it worse than the previous generation Tahoe.

In the meantime GM has added adjustment to the 2nd row and independent rear suspension to take over the claim of best interior for adults in all 3 rows.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have any of you posting on here this one versus that one actually gone and test drove a gm suv say on the highway and then driven a ford suv on the highway?
if you haven't, the difference is significant especially if you had to avoid a unexpected obstacle on the road it's almost frightening.
Maybe things have changed very recently but every ford suv I have driven handles like a boat on the highway (comparatively), given I am very spirited driver so the normal driver may not feel that experience. just food for thought. I have not driven the new jeep but from the reviews I have read & watched it does not handle well either.
so from your standpoint on handling how do they stack up? :popcorn:
So I'm still waiting for some additional explanation/review of what and how exactly the Expedition Stealth Performance Edition is different from the regular Expedition from a suspension/handling perspective.

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks! How do I select the XL version? :)
I'm hoping they eventually develop and bring an extended wheel base to the market - not because I feel it is better than the competition. But I feel like the segment needs the competition.

Personally, I'm not impressed with the Sequoia. With that being said, I'm interested in how it may sell at a discount compared to the competition.

Reaction score
Our journey of finding a bigger family SUV started with the Sequoia. I looked at all the full-size SUVs at the PDX auto show and at that time (2020) the Sequoia was without question the most comfortable interior for adults. Tons of 2nd row room leg and if you slide the 2nd row a bit forward, the third row easily fit full size adults - your knees weren't up in your chest like they were on the 2020 Tahoe/Suburban.

What kept us from buying a Sequoia back then was the minimal cargo volume behind the 3rd row compared to our current rig (Honda Pilot). Hearing that a Sequoia redesign was in the works we kept an eye out for it hoping they would stretch it to add some more cargo room along with a more efficient powertrain. I was floored when I saw how they took the best full-size interior for adults in all 3 rows and made it worse than the previous generation Tahoe.

In the meantime GM has added adjustment to the 2nd row and independent rear suspension to take over the claim of best interior for adults in all 3 rows.
Do the 2020 Suburbans have less 3rd row leg room than the 07-14 Suburbans? Maybe due to the fold flat seats, they sit lower to the floor?

My 2012 XL 3rd row has just as much leg room as the 2nd row

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17