Expedition vs Yukon

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I used in Fl had a relationship with the local Enterprise and getting a rental was no problem. Twice when my vehicle stayed, they had me in a no cost rental w/in 15 min. No fuss no muss. They billed GM for the rental. Rented me a Yukon or Surburban both times. That vehicle was at least 2K a week in FL rental rates, so it can be done, and GM will pay for it if the dealer wants to put in a little effort.

Walchit

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did someone say Kia/Hyundai?

If I had a bunch of money, or wanted to owe a bunch and pay a bunch of interest, I would get that Carnival. Then I could have my wife drive and I could kick my feet up!

I had an 03 spectra, and it never let me down.

R32driver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The dealer I used in Fl had a relationship with the local Enterprise and getting a rental was no problem. Twice when my vehicle stayed, they had me in a no cost rental w/in 15 min. No fuss no muss. They billed GM for the rental. Rented me a Yukon or Surburban both times. That vehicle was at least 2K a week in FL rental rates, so it can be done, and GM will pay for it if the dealer wants to put in a little effort.
Same experience we had. Dealer had no loaners so a quick call to Enterprise and a rental showed up shortly after

PaulGA

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The first time my ‘20 Sierra was in for service, at the purchasing dealer, they accidentally broke the steering column when changing the plastic shroud that was defective from the plant. They had no loaners, but they had no choice and they went to enterprise down the block and get us a loaner since the part was back ordered by 3 weeks. They got us a base ‘19 Suburban which held us over. Only time I can remember that happening with our GM history

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Standard Output and High Output Hurricane engines are available for order on 2022 Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers. I'm interested in seeing a video review of those new powertrains. It seems like turbocharged 6 cylinder is the way of the future for ICE full size SUVs.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like the Standard Output and High Output Hurricane engines are available for order on 2022 Wagoneers and Grand Wagoneers. I'm interested in seeing a video review of those new powertrains. It seems like turbocharged 6 cylinder is the way of the future for ICE full size SUVs.
I read somewhere that the hurricane engines fuel economy isn't much better than Jeep's current engines.

Stbentoak

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My wife has a turbocharged AND Supercharged I6 in her 21 Jaguar.
It is silky smooth and returns 26+ mpg on the hwy. When you touch that throttle,it absolutely leaps off the line….

Polo08816

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I read somewhere that the hurricane engines fuel economy isn't much better than Jeep's current engines.

My wife has a turbocharged AND Supercharged I6 in her 21 Jaguar.
It is silky smooth and returns 26+ mpg on the hwy. When you touch that throttle,it absolutely leaps off the line….
I think we're at the limit of fuel economy for a vehicle of similar weight, power, and non hybrid powertrain regardless of manufacturer.

I would definitely want to see the track record of the Hurricane engines for 2-4 years first - especially a Stellantis product.

sanman28

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Our local GMC/Caddy dealer had almost 50 loaners prior to covid. Now they have 8. Obviously only for preferred and warranted customers.

Baja_Bob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't think Stellantis will keep the hurricane engines around for 4 years, it will probably be phased out once they get their EV program running.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout

Latest posts