Exhaust tip placement? ...side, down or strait out?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dannnng...wish I would have seen that on Amazon before buying the Jones...
I spent a few bucks more on the Jones. What makes the AP more aggressive? The Jones, AP and Magnaflow have the exact same measurements.
I love a good deep bassy sound with no drone when it counts, I hope that is what I end up with....

The link to that Exhaust tip is:
https://www.amazon.com/Inlet-Black-Exhaust-Tailpipe-Truck/dp/B07P2D3FHL/ref=sr_1_1?keywords=LCGP+3+Inch+Inlet+Black+Exhaust+tip,3"+x+4"+x+12"+Clamp+On+Exhaust+Tailpipe+Tip+for+Truck&qid=1569087351&s=gateway&sr=8-1

If they actually are NOT the same muffler, they are at least built the same way. Yeah, you would've saved $20.

It's not that the AP is more aggressive. There's the Magnaflow 12589 which is the popular, most stock-like muffler for our trucks. One step more aggressive is the Magnaflow 12259. It's the same muffler, but with a 4" shorter body for a little less muffling material. AP Exhaust makes the same muffler sizes- a knock-off of the Magnaflow 12589 (22") and a knock-off of the Magnaflow 12259 (18"). I'm sure they continue the scale but you get the idea. I could've gotten AP's copy of the 12589 but I wanted a hair more sound (more aggressive), so I went with their copy of the 12259. It looks like Jones exhaust has the same products with similar part numbers, just priced a little higher. I don't see how spending any more than $40-$50 on a muffler would net anything additional. After seeing these other brands, I'm lead to believe that you're paying twice as much or more just to have "MF" embossed in the muffler body. I'm very happy with mine and, if I weren't, I'd probably have the Jones that kbuskill has. I've never heard many chambered mufflers that I liked, but I liked what I heard in his vids.

I had to look it up- Jones even uses the same numbers for their copy of the AP that I have: https://www.amazon.com/Jones-Exhaust-Mf1259-3offset-Maxflow/dp/B005AT06KU
It's only $3 more than what the AP is currently priced at.

Thanks for the link to that tip!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
If they actually are NOT the same muffler, they are at least built the same way. Yeah, you would've saved $20.

It's not that the AP is more aggressive. There's the Magnaflow 12589 which is the popular, most stock-like muffler for our trucks. One step more aggressive is the Magnaflow 12259. It's the same muffler, but with a 4" shorter body for a little less muffling material. AP Exhaust makes the same muffler sizes- a knock-off of the Magnaflow 12589 (22") and a knock-off of the Magnaflow 12259 (18"). I'm sure they continue the scale but you get the idea. I could've gotten AP's copy of the 12589 but I wanted a hair more sound (more aggressive), so I went with their copy of the 12259. It looks like Jones exhaust has the same products with similar part numbers, just priced a little higher. I don't see how spending any more than $40-$50 on a muffler would net anything additional. After seeing these other brands, I'm lead to believe that you're paying twice as much or more just to have "MF" embossed in the muffler body. I'm very happy with mine and, if I weren't, I'd probably have the Jones that kbuskill has. I've never heard many chambered mufflers that I liked, but I liked what I heard in his vids.

I had to look it up- Jones even uses the same numbers for their copy of the AP that I have: https://www.amazon.com/Jones-Exhaust-Mf1259-3offset-Maxflow/dp/B005AT06KU
It's only $3 more than what the AP is currently priced at.

Thanks for the link to that tip!

My brother has that Jones performance muffler on his NBS Sierra now and I have the gigantic Magnaflow XL 3 chamber muffler on the Burb now.... it's like 3 feet long... lol

OP
OP
Jolly Roger

Jolly Roger

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I dont know how to upload a video but here is a YT video of a truck that sounds just like mine with a Magnaflow 12589

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium